Help with a bite

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Something bit me today - don't know if it's a mosquito or what. I didn't scratch it yet it's swollen, full of yellow stuff (tight like you blew up a balloon). Put aloe on, then antibiotic cream, nothing much is happening though it seems to weep. Still swollen all around.

Any suggestions of what to do, if anything, more? And does it matter what it is? I want to get rid of it, not so much just name it.

Thanks for any advice, suggestions, help.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Something bit me today - don't know if it's a mosquito or what. I didn't scratch it yet it's swollen, full of yellow stuff (tight like you blew up a balloon). Put aloe on, then antibiotic cream, nothing much is happening though it seems to weep. Still swollen all around.

Any suggestions of what to do, if anything, more? And does it matter what it is? I want to get rid of it, not so much just name it.

Did you use Dermobiotic cream ? This works well for spider bites as I had one from last Christamas that is almost invisble now.

Open the infection with an sharp object and remove all the thin dead skin on top, get a bottle of Brugal 151. Clean the wound with plenty of this booze and also rub the wound clean with cotton (Dont be gentle to yourself).

Then you will have a clean wound. Now you get some antibiotic tablets, (the one with antibiotic powder inside, spread this gently over the open wound, seal it with a bandage.

And ta- tata, you owe my a beer.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Open the infection with an sharp object and remove all the thin dead skin on top, get a bottle of Brugal 151. Clean the wound with plenty of this booze and also rub the wound clean with cotton (Dont be gentle to yourself).

Then you will have a clean wound. Now you get some antibiotic tablets, (the one with antibiotic powder inside, spread this gently over the open wound, seal it with a bandage.

And ta- tata, you owe my a beer.

I think Rattus_Rattus and me went to the same medical school! ;)
However I'd start: Take some booze internally, than proceed with the rest...

The Hun

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
If you got bit by a brown recluse spider......

........like my son did two months ago, you better get medical attention immediately. The skin will just "dissolve" away....and keep dissolving away. I like the "bush doctor" advice previously given, but since there are some good doctors in the DR you do not want to have that bite/infection to get away from you.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks to all. Update. It's open, draining, I've put antibiotic cream on but am going to the pharmacy today to get the antibiotic tablets to put directly on. The swelling has gone done somewhat - iced it - elevated.

Don't think it's a spider, but am watching closely for any change.

Doesn't itch at all - just hurts for today.

Regards
Ro

ingramlaw

Apr 5, 2007

It probably is a bite from a fire ant. If you extract the pus it will heal faster. Make sure you clean it well.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Or a boil? Antibiotic creams will help for sure.

(Loved the Berm?dez 151 solution!! Why not, it's as good as rubbing alcohol..!!)

HB

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
So I've opened it, it's draining, bought Dermobiotic cream, applied, and haave the antibiotic tablets I am going to use as well.

I'll do it all to heat without infection.

so when I first put this Dermobiotic cream on, something black came out - sorry to be so descriptive but I'm hoping this is what's supposed to happen?

I've heard war stories about bites and don't want to be one of them.

Thanks again for all the support.