provisional work permit.

Roscoe47

Jul 24, 2008
Can anyone advise on how to obtain a permit to operate a Canadian flagged charter boat catering to fly in Canadian guests? I have read about an American tournament boat that had something called a 'provisional work permit'.

We don't intend to move to the DR permanently as yet but that may change. Insurance requirements during hurricane season play a part in decisions.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Roescoe,
a few minutes ago i answered the Q's you sent me on my PM.
as far as my knowledge there are no provicional working permissions for foreign flagged boat. just the 'recreational' navegation permit, always given for 1 year at the Naval Headquarters at the Naval Base named "Base Naval 27 de Febrero".
to run with 'flewn in' charter clients you would need a working permission named "permiso de turismo", to request that you have to "flag dominican" and pay the import tax on your vessel like we all have to do and it requires to operate as a tax paying dominican company(registered to "rentas internas where the taxes are collected). the last charter boat i brought in that way been 2 months ago the Bertram named Trinity from Golden Beach Florida.
if there would be a 'provicional/parttime' permission for charter operators local outfitters would go with all good reasons on the barricades, why should they pay the import taxes if foreign boats don't have to?
an other point, in the PM you mentioned you want to stay around 6 months, that would expire your tourist visa. not a big deal, just wanted to mention that for your knowledge.
Mike