Salaries for Household Help

Beergirl

May 3, 2008
Okay, so a lot of people refer to the "average" or the "market salary", but no one has explicitly said what that is. In any case, I was wondering what one might expect to pay for a maid who would work Monday - Friday 8-2 (please include base pay, extras, health insurance, etc).

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm starting to look and I don't want to offend anyone!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
My maid works mon to Fri. 8-1, 5 days a week and I pay her 7000 RD$ a month. She doesn't live in. She has the odd extra like clothes and food. No health care, but if she has problems I help her out with money etc. She has a holiday when we do, so like 2 -3 weeks a year.

Matilda

Aug 21, 2007
My maid works Mon-Fri 8-2. If I have guests, she is asked to work weekends. She doesn't live in. No health care. I pay her 3,000 for two week periods and 1,000 to cover the cost of transportation and food expenses. That is 8,000 a month.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Thank you Matilda and Lindsey for your precise information. I hope we will get a few more similarly helpful posts. Many people have posted salaries for the month or quincena but as they are often vague about the hours worked and fringe benefits it is hard to compare apples with pears.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Our cleaning lady works Mon, Wed, and Fri, 9 - 12. We pay her 1,500 peso's per month. She only cleans. She often misses a few days a month due to her sons health and other issues. We do not pay her health nor transportation. However, if it rains we pay for a taxi and we take her home after she is finished working rain or shine. We do give her stuff, food etc........

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Our maid works 8-4 Mon.-Fri. We provide food for hot lunches, extra money (loans) when she needs it. We also take her two shcool aged girls shopping for school supplies, uniforms, extra clothing etc. We pay her $7000/mo.

Bob K