Newspaper

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
I was just wondering if this is a normal thing or if people don?t even do it at all I was wondering about people putting engagement announcements in the newspaper here it is very common. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to contact the paper I am not sure if you have papers in every town or if it is just one paper for the country but if there is one for each town I am looking for the Puerto Plata area. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Puerto Plata has an online Puerto Plata Digital (not a print version)
http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/editorial/palabrasquematan.htm
This page is the editorial, not the front page - scroll to right for email addresses & phone numbers. Puerto Plata also has El Faro which does print twice weekly (Tues & Fri) - website is currently down but keep trying it
http://www.periodicoelfaro.info/
You can email them at periodicoelfaro@hotmail.com or elfarodr@gmail.com Editor is Augusto Vasquez. They run all sorts of announcements - births, birthdays, memorial masses etc usually accompanied by a photo of celebrant.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I was just wondering if this is a normal thing or if people don?t even do it at all I was wondering about people putting engagement announcements in the newspaper here it is very common. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to contact the paper I am not sure if you have papers in every town or if it is just one paper for the country but if there is one for each town I am looking for the Puerto Plata area. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

You should Always follow Lambada's advice, however, advertising your wedding will attract attention and cost you money.

With that being said, you should consider finding a Wedding planner along with someone who will Cater and Document this very special event.

If you PM Lambada I'm sure she will point you in the right direction. !

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If you PM Lambada I'm sure she will point you in the right direction. !

Lambada won't because this was not what the OP asked for. Amy has the information she asked for. It would be preferable mike l if you did not volunteer me for things about which I know nothing like wedding planners. You are, in my humble opinion, beginning to post some rather non sequitur posts late at night. Mine not to reason why :cheeky: but please don't confuse the OP.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
FYI: The Society Pages regularly show pictures of bridal showers, but I have never seen an engagement announcement.
I would not waste time and money on that, especially if the groom is Dominican....

Remember nobody but us reads newspapers inthis country...

Strange but kinda true.

HB

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
my husband & i had a conversation about this once...canadian tradition vs dominican tradition

my husband told me that you only post an ad when the couple gets legally divorced!

is that true?

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
I was wanting to do this to help with his paper for proof of the relationship Just something more to add to our stuff.