Looking for a Reasonably Priced Wardrobe

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hiya All,

Would like some info on the best place to get our hands on a reasonable priced lockable double wardrobe. We need to leave clothes etc behind when we return to the UK and would like to leave them in our apartment whilst it is rented out. We don't mind second hand but would like pine if possible (just to match in with what's already there), if not then so be it. Will be flying in for a week from 1st October and would like to get it sorted then, if possible. Also any ideas on the price we can expect to pay.

Thanks in advance :bunny:

Reidy

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Default Looking for a Reasonably Priced Wardrobe

Sorry, wasn't a good start :ermm:

The apartment is in Sosua up near the Tradewinds/Palms condos.

Cheers

Reidy

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
The most reliable way to achieve your aim is to make a drawing or design of what you want, ask around your friends etc for a good ?ebanista ? or two and negotiate a price. All furniture in our house, bar one terrible chest of drawers, was done that way and each is of course exactly what we wanted.
Buena suerte!

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Granca,
What kind of cost are you looking at (I know you can't be specific but a ballpark figure would be appreciated)

Regards

Reidy

The most reliable way to achieve your aim is to make a drawing or design of what you want, ask around your friends etc for a good ?ebanista ? or two and negotiate a price. All furniture in our house, bar one terrible chest of drawers, was done that way and each is of course exactly what we wanted.
Buena suerte!

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
In early days I paid DOP 20,000 for a 3/4 wood pine for a welsh dresser type thingy with two cupboard with shelf,3 centre drawers and three ,to my measurements shelves above, one side section especially designed for CD s. Very well made and the tele, dvd , fta decoder and video player fit on it great. I now know that I could have haggled for a bit cheaper but I couldn?t have got it in England for twice the price. My computer desk 48? x 15?, three drawers, keyboard drawer, kneehole, and three shelves above, 3/4? pine for DOP10,000. I hope this helps. Granca.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
A quick update

In early days I paid DOP 20,000 for a 3/4 wood pine for a welsh dresser type thingy with two cupboard with shelf,3 centre drawers and three ,to my measurements shelves above, one side section especially designed for CD s. Very well made and the tele, dvd , fta decoder and video player fit on it great. I now know that I could have haggled for a bit cheaper but I couldn?t have got it in England for twice the price. My computer desk 48? x 15?, three drawers, keyboard drawer, kneehole, and three shelves above, 3/4? pine for DOP10,000. I hope this helps. Granca.

Many many thanks Granca,

We contacted a friend who has a friend and we ended up getting one made and delivered for DOP 30'000. Following your advice I EMailed a picture from a magazine and he copied it perfectly.

Once again thanks for your info.

Regards

Reidy