Internet Service Providers in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabaretechica

Jul 25, 2008
Hola! I have just bought a condo at Orilla del Mar and need to have Internet access hooked up in my place so it's active when I arrive in December for a few months.

I have no idea about Internet providers in Cabarete, costs, or how it takes for installation. I know there's free wireless in many restaurants and bars, but I will need to work from my condo, so need my own access to be active before I get there. I know there's a Claro outlet in Janet's Supermercado, but I think that's just cell phone services.

I've searched the threads but haven't found anything current to help me, most are from 2002. Anybody have suggestions? Web sites or email addresses I can contact a reliable ISP in Cabarete?

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Hi there.

Are you getting a land line into your condo? If you are you can get internet through Codetel. I have a place in Pro Cab and they came within 2 days. Fully installed and working great. I got the basic wireless that will let me work outside around the pool or on the lawn. I don't believe Telecable is offering it yet. There is also a satellite internet available but someone else, much better informed than me, can detail that for you.

Oh yeah, to arrange your internet, I had to go to the Puerto Plata office and pay the installation there. You may also have to arrange the land line at the same time but if you are new, you will need someone (who currently have their own number) to endorse your installation.

Hopefully more people will pipe up. Good luck!

;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.