Two North Coast stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Two holiday stories appeared today, both about the DR's north coast. One was Holiday Hell Case Compensated ?5,925
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Kent | Payout for man's 'holiday hell'

and the other a report of a trip to the Damajagua Falls and beyond
Waterfalls, cheese are draws | guampdn.com | Pacific Daily News

Unfortunately, we know which one will get most coverage.

Wonder if the victim's ex-girlfriend got her ?3000 half share - they have since broken up
Man wins compensation for his holiday from hell

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Hey Ginnie,

On another note - whilst stuck here in the UK i was flicking the channels and Sky Travel Shop had a half hour prog on the DR north coast!

Now - what was fantastic to see :
Hotels in PLaya D were being advertised and it was suggested by the presenter that you make your own way to Cab for a night out. She showed a number of resturants along the beach and explained the friendly / sporty atmosphere of Cab.

We were also shown P Plata - the Park Central - take a taxi to walk around PP for a day of shopping and site seeing.

I only mention this as this is the first time i have seen this ENCOURAGED!
I think its great news that at last - people in the uk are being told its safe to leave the PLaya D compound and told to get out and explore!

Wishingiwasthere - as always!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Great! Was this a programme by a British tour company or was it something like DR Tourist TV which airs over here? Because the latter definitely encourages people to get out from the resorts.

thelady

Dec 16, 2007
to be that ill and dehydrated within three days of arriving at the resort, one wonders where he was and what he was doing before he arrived !!!
set-up for a law suit ??? stranger things have happened....

asp44

Jan 22, 2008
The Sky TV channel sell holidays for variuos companies as well as having documetries on various countries. I saw this show too and it certainly put across a really positive message. Lets hope it becomes more frequent.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Great! Was this a programme by a British tour company or was it something like DR Tourist TV which airs over here? Because the latter definitely encourages people to get out from the resorts.

This wasnt DR Tourist TV - although i have flicked through that on my visits over there.
This was a travel shopping channel - they promote "cheap" holidays to destinations and then do a little feature on the country.

Sadly - whilst i was watching all the "trips" you can do i looked on fondly thinking thats where my home/heart really is!

Anyway - great to see on english tv the fun that can be had and us Brits being told to get out and explore!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.