Claro Cell Phone Service Porting

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Has anybody been able to port their Claro CDMA number to a Claro GSM phone? I have had my number for years and would like to move it to a newer GSM phone.

tambo'

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Behind the Orange store in Sosua there is a little shop which has a cell phone guru who may be able to help you. He was able to convert our old cingular cell to gsm

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I appreciate the resonse, I was looking for someone who may have actually experienced porting their Claro number.

The cell phone guru's on Pedro C next to The Shark Bar are pretty creative.

tambo'

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
On the main road heading towards PP about 50 meters past the light at Caribe Tours is a place called Copy Copy. The owner, Frank does repairs and other things on phones for the stores you are talking about. If he cannot do it he can tell you where to go.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have changed my phone number to a gsm number. They signed me up for gsm phone plan and let me stray with the same old number. The catch is, you cannot go back to CDMA with the same number if you are dissatisfied with GSM service. Once you go gsm with your old number, you cannot go back to CDMA and keep the same number.
AZB

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Ditto...............

I have changed my phone number to a gsm number. They signed me up for gsm phone plan and let me stray with the same old number. The catch is, you cannot go back to CDMA with the same number if you are dissatisfied with GSM service. Once you go gsm with your old number, you cannot go back to CDMA and keep the same number.
AZB

Ditto.......................in Puerto Plata............

;)