resort/hotel suggestions...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tika

Mar 19, 2007
Wanted to pick your brains please...

I live in Santiago and my mother is coming to visit in a few weeks. We would like to take in a few days at the beach, nothing too fancy. I assume that we will end up in the Sosua or Playa Dorada area at some sort of all-inclusive as we don't really want to worry about meals out. With that said, I am not a big fan of the all-inclusives but it makes things easy, espeically with an 8 mth old daughter.

Does anyone have a resort suggestion that is not too large and within a decent budget range? I am not too worried about luxe accomodations in the room, a decent bed and A/C is about all that I need...I'm a simple girl. My bigger concern is beach location, food, and swimming pool accomodations.

Also, is mid-August generally a busy-time at the resorts? For some reason, I remember it not being to overrun last year at that time.

Thanks in advance!

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Hotetur Dorado Club in Playa Dorada is a small hotel with a great pool. Not pricy at all with good food and entertainment. When I stayed there in the past, it had good food and a nice beach area. I stayed there every time I came down for many years.

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Check out the Fun Royale-Fun Tropicale Hotel in Playa Dorada. Although they are not on the beach, they do provide a shuttle service to/from. You can also enjoy a nice 7 minute walk if you prefer. AI fees are reasonable. Accomodations are acceptable, The staff is exceptional.

Enjoy!

SB

Status
Not open for further replies.