looking for apartment for rent in punta cana

sniperzele

Jul 28, 2008
Hi!

I'm planing to visit Punta Cana from 17.12. till 12.1. But I'm going to sleep in some apartment. Does anybody have experience with getting apartment in high season? I want to reserve it now so i'm looking on internet for them. The cheapest one is 1500 $ for a mounth. Is this good price for high season?

This my first time that i'm coming to Dominican Republic so I don't know good locations in Punta Cana. I'm looking for a locations full of partys and with good beach.

Has anybody have a number or internet address of some cheap and good apartments in good locations in Punta Cana?

Thanks!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Sniperzele,
welcome to the forums.
rates depend always on what you expect.
of course during x-mas season all is expensive because all is booked anyways.
to book PC for this year's 2008 x-mas week is for sure not too early, the oppiste, i could name you a dozend+ spots which are booked for 2008 x-mas since a long while.
$1.500.- per month for a appartment is a usual rate for short term rentals, mostly in addition to that you have to pay a deposit and mostly you get electricity bill/cable TV/water/maintenance aso billed separately, check those details when getting/requested a offer, otherwise a spot can get much more expensive than the expected $1.500.- per month.
a good reliable address i recommended often with til today always great feedback, but also booked far ahead usually would be Robert Hill from "Apartamentos Mar Tropical" in the middle of bavaro, beautifulbeach access, nice appartments of all sizes.
you can check availability and rates and what's included/excluded with him directly on rob-hill123@hotmail.com or drop him a call on 1-809-850-6610
good luck
and have a great time on the island
Mike

sniperzele

Jul 28, 2008
Thanks for advise and contact,but he doesn't have available an apartman for that term. Maybe others contacts?

thanks

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Call Barney at Bavaretto Ocean Club. 809-757-5666. Beautiful, pool, close to beach, restaurants, etc. Tell him Caren gave you his #. Good luck!

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Hey mike-
Right next to Robert's place! Yellow condos. I am sure you know it. PM me if you like.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
$700.- per week cheap?????
and at cocotal you have a long way to go in case you want to see a beach.
i pay $600.- per month for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom oceanfront appartment, 25 meters from my veranda to the sandy beach.
thanks Caren,
yes, i know the place, didn't know about the name.
here in the area we get a new rental name up every week and many sound very equal to each others.
Mike

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Mike:
Where do you rent? The price sounds fantastic. We are looking for a 2 bdrm/2 bath for 5 weeks around mid January 2009. Or are yours for long term rentals only?
Also, I checked the website you mentioned above for Los Corales and sent them an inquiry. Do you know exactly where they are located? Thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Mike:
Where do you rent? The price sounds fantastic. We are looking for a 2 bdrm/2 bath for 5 weeks around mid January 2009. Or are yours for long term rentals only?
Also, I checked the website you mentioned above for Los Corales and sent them an inquiry. Do you know exactly where they are located? Thanks

Mike is a resident so his would be a l-o-n-g-t-e-r-m rental - LOL.

Also, Los Corales is next to the new EdenH Resort.

See the map

6ofvdpe.jpg

Gregg

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
I was looking for a more narrowed down location of the apartment on the website Mike mentioned. I know where Los Corales is but it contains many many apartments as you probably are aware of also......there are some that are more private - as opposed to some areas where you walk out your door and you are on the doorstep of your neighbor - and i saw some where pathways go right beside your building. I want something more private.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Gregg's map is accurate(even that it includes the choke of "first class fishing" in El Cortecito, who modified that original map foryou??) and of course he's right, my rate is a long time rental rate, at our place they rent for 6 months +.
bluenose,
the way you ask about something private i would assume you look for a private home/house/villa, that's nearly not available. such is rented by spots like Tortuga Bay aso, but then we are talking about "daily's" compared to the above mentioned 'monthly's'.
the area of los corales is a wide area, right, and with many ownerships, but at least they are managed in case of rentals by one office(not all, but the very most), and that is the Los Corales Appartments office of that website. there are a bunch of 'private' renters aside/same area/spot, but wow, i don't have contacts of 'em, it is here in PC something coming up new on weekly bases, and they provide the same in case of "neighbour is right in front of your nose", anything else, separate from the next property, would be a private villa/beach house, nobody would rent that to anybody. you have that means you do not need to rent it, nobody would wanna pay a reasonable 'deposit' for the value of the interior neither.

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Mike & Fire Guy for your info. I just realized I sort of side tracked the original post and apologize for that also.....Oops.....

sniperzele

Jul 28, 2008
Thank you Mike for informations,I contacted them and I'm waiting for their reply. For me is enough to get some apartment that I can sleep few hours,rest of time I will travel around and party ;) Hope Los Corales is good place for night life :)

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you have to keep in mind that you are looking on a short term rental for a few days, real appartment complexes/residences do not rent on short term, a 3 months minimum with prepayment for that time period as a deposit would be usual, where i live myself a min of 6 months rental is usual.
your mentioned 10.000 pesos for a just 3 days rental for a nice furniched appartment in los corales is absolutely a usual rate, that's a bit less than $300.- for 3 days, around $100.- per day on a short term rental.
try the Cortecito Inn in El Cortecito, less than 1 milke aside Los Corales, their actual rates are $60.- per night per room including breakfast by the pool, they have a nice pool area, 20 seconds walk to hit the beach, maid service aso included, and for such there's no minimum rental, from there you have supermarkets, bars, restaurants aso in short walking distance, no problem to hang out there on nighttime.
Mike

amandalynn

Oct 5, 2007
i know of a few apartments that i have stayed at that are reasonable and one has wireless internet. pm me if you want more information.