Do you know a good vet that would like a vacation in the DR?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
There must be many of you that already know the wonderful work undertaken by Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a, Inc. in the ongoing spay/ neuter programme for the dogs and cats on the North coast of the DR. If not, please check out the website. Many of us are just humble volunteers who help out when we have a vet to assist at the wonderful new clinic developed next to Judy's Pet Lodge in Sosua. We are currently seeking a good qualified vet to help with this ongoing task at the end of August/ beginning of September time... the workload can be large or small, the entertainment will be good and the DR sunshine is waiting - do any of you on DR1 know a vet that may be interested in assisting either then or at any time please?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
We have had the same vet for over 25 years to our dismay she just retired a year ago, i will look her up and forward her this contact information, just the nicest lady i have ever met!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We have had the same vet for over 25 years to our dismay she just retired a year ago, i will look her up and forward her this contact information, just the nicest lady i have ever met!!

Wow, if she would like to come down here, enjoy the sunshine and do some work to help the animals at the same time, that would be fantastic. These are just the type of people we are seeking.... thank you Lapurr

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I Have tracked her down, now just to speak with her!! I have left a message,!
I have a good vibe about this, she is an avid golfer, I hope she will have some down time for herself...Is everything she needs on the website, Can i have her call you if she would like to speak with someone?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have a good vibe about this, she is an avid golfer, I hope she will have some down time for herself...Is everything she needs on the website, Can i have her call you if she would like to speak with someone?

There is lots of good golfing here I am told by the experts, of which I am not one and, yes, there can be as much down time as she needs and wants. Its probably better that she contacts me by email as our phones here are a little unreliable but you already have my email address I think, if not just PM me for it. The general gist of things is on the website but, to be honest, it does need a little updating so direct contact would definitely be best.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
There is lots of good golfing here I am told by the experts, of which I am not one and, yes, there can be as much down time as she needs and wants. Its probably better that she contacts me by email as our phones here are a little unreliable but you already have my email address I think, if not just PM me for it. The general gist of things is on the website but, to be honest, it does need a little updating so direct contact would definitely be best.

Thank you lovely, I will give her your email address, which i do have.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I spoke with her, planted a seed, she sounds very interested!! i sent you her email address, good luck Whirley!!

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003

My wife and I do regular volunteer work at Judys. I am also an avid golfer and play at least 3 times a week. Please inform her that the golf here is exceptional. If she would like any golf or AAAS information please PM me as I am more than happy to help out. I would also gladly golf with her as often as she would like (as long as she doesn't beat me by too much). Heres keeping our fingers crossed...Tom

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
My wife and I do regular volunteer work at Judys. I am also an avid golfer and play at least 3 times a week. Please inform her that the golf here is exceptional. If she would like any golf or AAAS information please PM me as I am more than happy to help out. I would also gladly golf with her as often as she would like (as long as she doesn't beat me by too much). Heres keeping our fingers crossed...Tom

Whirleybird has her contact information, and hopefully she can mention that too her, she really did sound very interested, and said many of her friends have done that-(gone away) ...This woman is phenominal, I have never seen anyone with animals as she is!

I hope this all pans out, and how wonderful are you, to welcome her in such a way!! with open arms.

Thank You Mr.Tom:bunny:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Lapurr: I have sent an email to your vet friend but not received a response as yet. I called in to see Judy today and she was really excited at the prospect of her visit.

Tom: we haven't met I don't think but great that you are able to offer to be a golfing partner to a visiting vet and you enjoy the game so much too - let's hope you are a slightly better player so can 'hold your own' !!

Will keep everyone informed of the progress as and when.... thanks all for the contributions. As I say all the time here "every little bit helps!".