Velero Beach in Cabarate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennymocks

Jul 30, 2008
Hello all,

I am planning on visiting the DR next winter and have a few questions...

I am planning on staying at Velero Beach in Cabarate, as it seems to be one of the nicest hotels in the area, but from what I can see, it is on the end of the "strip". If I stay there, will it be safe to walk to the bars, restaurants, etc. in the area?

Are there any other hotels that someone would recommend?

Also, it seems that the tour companies are run out of Puerto Plata, but if I wanted to do these tours, can I arrange for them from Cabarate?

Any other advice is appreciated too.

Thanks for any input as this will be my 1st trip to the Dominican Republic, and I was just wondering.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The Velero is probably the best hotel in the area...aren't really any others that compare to it, but the two next best would be El Magnifico (right next door) and Villa Taina (the other end of "the strip". Two other higher-end beachfront options are Cabarete Palm Beach Condos and the Viva Wyndham Tangerine (all-inclusive). Next to the Viva is the new Tangerine Palace hotel...from what I understand the rates are reasonable and the units are nice.

As for the location of Velero...no problem at all walking to and from town...even at night....on the street or right along the beach.

There are about a half dozen tour companies right in Cabarete...with all the same tours as those in PP...also, try Iguana Mama (right on the main street) if you want to do some eco adventure/extreme type tours.

Status
Not open for further replies.