School near Los Jardines

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
OK, so I will have a live-in Ni?era, age 17, who needs to go to school. My kids' schools are in Los Jardines Metropolitanos. They are bilingual.
I do not need a bilingual school for her, she speaks no english, but I would prefer that her school be near my childrens' school...easier for me.
Do any of you know of a regular Dominican private school near there, preferably no more that 1,500RD per month?
Or even a good school that perhaps is not so near?
Thanks again...
11 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHALENA

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
OK, so I will have a live-in Ni?era, age 17, who needs to go to school. My kids' schools are in Los Jardines Metropolitanos. They are bilingual.
I do not need a bilingual school for her, she speaks no english, but I would prefer that her school be near my childrens' school...easier for me.
Do any of you know of a regular Dominican private school near there, preferably no more that 1,500RD per month?
Or even a good school that perhaps is not so near?
Thanks again...
11 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHALENA

El Politecnico Femenio (Just for girls) it's a public school, next to El Gran Almirante.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I would like a private school...
SHALENA

Oh, and thank you...I just hope it all works out

El Politecnico Femenino is as good as a private school, and i think it is run by Nuns too.

It has an Amphitheater (pretty big indeed) and it has it own church too.

Cheap private school are NO better than Public school ;)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
El Politecnico Femenino is as good as a private school, and i think it is run by Nuns too.

It has an Amphitheater (pretty big indeed) and it has it own church too.

Cheap private school are NO better than Public school ;)

OK, Thanks, I will check it out.
I had just heard alot of bad things about the public schools, but I will definitely go to that school.
SHALENA

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
I have also heard that El Politecnico is a good school.

When I was a kid, I attended El Sagrado Corazon de Jesus. That is a private school, but I don't know how much it cost.

Some of my cousins attended El Instituto Evangelico or la Salle and they seem to have gotten a good education

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I have also heard that El Politecnico is a good school.

When I was a kid, I attended El Sagrado Corazon de Jesus. That is a private school, but I don't know how much it cost.

Some of my cousins attended El Instituto Evangelico or la Salle and they seem to have gotten a good education

She is looking to pay $1,500 Dominican pesos, El Sagrado Corazon de Jesus, La Salle and El instituto Evangelico cost wayyyyyyyyyyy more than that, only upper middle class and rich kids go there.

El Politecnico Femenino it's one of the best public school in Santiago, it runs by Nuns, it's locate it in Los Jardines Metropolitanos, like the school the OP is sending her kids, plus it's well locate it too, in the Avenida Estrella Sadhala (easy reach by carros de conchos, Conchos M).

Don't know why she needs to pay private when she can send that girl to El Politecnico.

And by the way she is already 17yr old, she must be in her last year of high school!

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
She is looking to pay $1,500 Dominican pesos, El Sagrado Corazon de Jesus, La Salle and El instituto Evangelico cost wayyyyyyyyyyy more than that, only upper middle class and rich kids go there.

El Politecnico Femenino it's one of the best public school in Santiago, it runs by Nuns, it's locate it in Los Jardines Metropolitanos, like the school the OP is sending her kids, plus it's well locate it too, in the Avenida Estrella Sadhala (easy reach by carros de conchos, Conchos M).

Don't know why she needs to pay private when she can send that girl to El Politecnico.

And by the way she is already 17yr old, she must be in her last year of high school!

oops. Sorry!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A word to the wise:
the girl will NOT get into the Politecnico at this date. They have a long waiting list.

There is a small private school within walking distance from ABBA. Just a long block past the light on Bartolom? Col?n...

I will try and find out the name.

As soon as you get here you'll have to go there with a lot of information:
Birth certificate
Photos
health Certificate
Previous School transcripts.

Good luck.

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks, HB and Everyone.
If you can find out the name I would definitely appreciate it.
I will go by Politechnico anyway, just to say I did;)

Looks like my first month in Santiago is going to be rrrreeeeaaaallll fun! (Sarcasm, of course!)

Still Smiling,
SHALENA

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hi Shalena, " Politecnico Femenino " is the best Catholic free school of the city, the big problem is the long waiting list they have, I tried for years to subcribre my doughters in this school and it was no posible for me. also they make a carefully investigation of your incomes, as this school is for those poor students without any economic support.
I recomend you to see " colegio Duarte " the location is Calle La Salle across " La Salle School " it should be a little more spencive than $ 1500. but it is a good school.

JJ.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
you can't get into politecnico past 10th or 11th grade because of the technical degrees that it offers. that and the waiting list, it'd be a waste of time to even try. sagrado corazon is only 2,000 a month - last time i checked. and it's an okay school. la salle is better, but i'm pretty sure it's more money.