Grand Oasis Marien Resort Vs. Casa Marina Beach and Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

adiaz43

Jul 28, 2008
Which one is better Grand Oasis Marien Resort or Casa Marina Beach and Reef? any help is greatly appreciated

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
It all depends on which is more important to you - the resort itself or the location.

Grand Oasis Marien is definitely a cut above Casa Marina, IMHO, but if you like the location around Sosua the constant travel will be an issue for you.

Just one man's opinion.

Gregg

I personally like both hotels but if you are there for the all inclusive experience only stay in the Marien, If you are looking to go out and stroll the town or public beaches I would say the Casa Marina. The rooms and service is much better in the Marien but both are nice places.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
It would be good if you described what you're looking for. Are you a couple? A family? Sun and sand types. Party animals? Young singles?

I think the Marien is a wonderful resort but for families, couples, and mature travelers. Nice rooms, good a la carte restaurants and buffet. It's pretty quiet though, unless you bring your own party with you. Close to Puerto Plata where you can dance in typical Dominican clubs, outside of the Playa Dorada complex but not far from it if you like tourist discos. The Malecon is really nice and you can walk from the Marien (5K). I can't compare Sosua. It feels really touristy to me but I only spent a day there. But it might be a happening place for young singles. You can always take a bus to Puerto Plata and return at night by taxi and visit Cabarete (famous for it's windsurfing) as well. That's an advantage for a first-time visitor.

JimmTwo

May 18, 2008
My wife & I were at the Grand Oasis Marien back in Feb. of this year(2008). It was great, good food, really good people at the resort, and excellent service. We're; 48 & 49 had trips to Puerto Plata & to Ocean World. All Good.
We liked it so much that this November the wife & 3 of her friends are going back. Myself & wife will return in Feb. 2009 ...But this time I want to visit Sosua, just to see the night life & partying .

Status
Not open for further replies.