Velero Beach in Cabarate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennymocks

Jul 30, 2008
Hello all,

I am planning on visiting the DR next winter and have a few questions...

I am planning on staying at Velero Beach in Cabarate, as it seems to be one of the nicest hotels in the area, but from what I can see, it is on the end of the "strip". If I stay there, will it be safe to walk to the bars, restaurants, etc. in the area?

Are there any other hotels that someone would recommend?

Also, it seems that the tour companies are run out of Puerto Plata, but if I wanted to do these tours, can I arrange for them from Cabarate?

Any other advice is appreciated too.

Thanks for any input as this will be my 1st trip to the Dominican Republic, and I was just wondering.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Iy's easy and safe to walk the beach, or take a moto. You can arrange tours at the hotel or just walk down town and arrange it yourself. It's uasually cheaper.

mike.n.amy

Jun 4, 2007
Velero looks very nice, is right on the beach (has a security guard stationed at the edge of the property) and is a safe walk to the main beach strip (by sand or road).

The major tour companies have offices right in Cabarete and most will pick you up at your hotel as stated in previous posts. Cabarete is a great town for visitors and an easy walk anywhere within the town.

Any other specific questions, feel free to post. :)

Enjoy your trip!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
My wife and I have stayed at Velero numerous times. Absolutely first rate. Approx 4 or 5 minute walk to the center of Cabarete. Safe walking day or night.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Have stayed at Velero several times. Excellent choice. It is not in the center, but very close. Walking there and back is very pleasant. And you get your peace and quiet also. Very comfortable accommodations. Check out their top floor suites.

Velero Beach Resort Cabarete (DR1)

Status
Not open for further replies.