Cheap way to transfer $$ from DR to the US!!!

Beck2323

Mar 11, 2008
Does anyone know of a cheap way to transfer $$ from the DR to US... I used Western Union, but it was way too expensive... Help Please!!! :0)

bart6

Aug 17, 2007
transfer

you can wire

from wachovia to banco santo cruz and then pickup at santa cruz

or just keep your money in us account and mail debit card down to whoever needs the pickup.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If you have a DR dollar bank account you can wire out of this to US banks - it is not complicated if both bank accounts are in your name. Or you can get your DR bank to issue a dollar cheque & Fedex it to your US bank.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Does anyone know of a cheap way to transfer $$ from the DR to US... I used Western Union, but it was way too expensive... Help Please!!! :0)

Depending on where you are, if you have a QUISQUEYANA (like a moneygram sort of place) available, they are pretty cheap too. They are all over NY and NJ. My mom uses them whenever she needs to and it cost her $5 when she's sent $200.

Beck2323

Mar 11, 2008
Thank you guys so much I am going to try asking my bank for the rates... By the way I'm in the capital...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thank you guys so much I am going to try asking my bank for the rates... By the way I'm in the capital...

It seems a number of people misread your post & took it to mean transferring from US to DR. Not your fault because you made it clear you wanted to transfer DR to US. Last time I did a wire out (DR to UK) it cost about US$57 for the equivalent of US$60,000 (in sterling) - that was via BHD Bank. Last time I Fedexed a cheque it cost about US$30 but that was a while back & could be more now. But I never transfer small sums because I think the wire costs are about the same regardless of the size of the amount transferred.

Beck2323

Mar 11, 2008
Thank you so much... I know what you mean about being expensive to transfer... I am going to try to open an account here with an american bank, and see if it would work (having a second signer in the US)... Let's see :0)