Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to buy cigars in POP at non gringo prices?

During our sons wedding last month a few guys picked up some cigars and liked them very much. They are back home now and have asked me to look into buying more and shipping them to the states. Can you tell me the best non gringo price place to get these and how to ship them? thanks Phil OH they are looking for Monte Christo and one other brand that I don't remember at the moment.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
    During our sons wedding last month a few guys picked up some cigars and liked them very much. They are back home now and have asked me to look into buying more and shipping them to the states. Can you tell me the best non gringo price place to get these and how to ship them? thanks Phil OH they are looking for Monte Christo and one other brand that I don't remember at the moment.
    I don't think there are "non gringo" prices on quality cigars, unless of course they are fake. Stay with the reputable shops. Expect to pay between 225 and 350 pesos per cigar for Monte Christo.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, I'm not a cigar kinda guy, but that sounds pretty high priced to me. Thanks for your response Eddy.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
    wow, I'm not a cigar kinda guy, but that sounds pretty high priced to me. Thanks for your response Eddy.
    Prices Of The Famous Montecristo Cigar - Gifts - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review

Post Thanks / Like

Doubt very much that real Monte Cristos are available....

They are expensive. Try Super Super...on Pedro Clisante in Sosua...

Or come to Santiago where I have some outstanding cigars...

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not in POP...

But we bought some cigars from the Aurora shop at Centro Leon, Santiago a few weeks ago. We priced them back in Santo Domingo and saved ourselves 40%. A friend who works for a major cigarette company here said that we got a very good price.

Worth the trip - you can see the peeps rolling the cigars and learn about the different tobaccos, etc. It has changed my entire way of thinking on cigars.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Doubt very much that real Monte Cristos are available....

They are expensive. Try Super Super...on Pedro Clisante in Sosua...

Or come to Santiago where I have some outstanding cigars...

HB
    Thanks for the plug HB. Yeaaaa I'm at Super Super now. LOL. You're right, there are very few MonteCristos around. They cost a fortune in the DR. but we have them and several other top brands. And yes, HB has great cigars. Hopefully we will have the honor of adding them to our selection.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone for your replies. Phil

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

my experience...good prices at Nacional or Jumbo supermarkets. Got couple of Romeo y Julieta, Cohiba and Montecristo boxes before returning to Chile...still great at my humidor.