Does anybody miss this beautiful female German-Shepherd-Mix?

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
We found her in Cabarete east (near the hotel Camino del Sol) on the beach. She is neutered, healthy and in great shape. She is very affectionate and adorable and looking for new owners. It's possible that her old owners left the country and that's why she is alone now.

If nobody is missing her, we will try to find a new home for her. We already have three dogs and unfortunately cannot adopt another dog.

Would anyone of you guys be interested to adopt this cutie in case nobody is missing her?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
she is beautiful! I hope you find the owners, or someone that is a responaible pet owner and will take good care of her.

I'm not trying to correct you, because i knew exacltly what you were saying, but here is the way to say she is "fixed" only incase you are interested.

Spaying refers to the removal of the reproductive organs of a female animal. While neutering refers to the removal of the male.

so because she is a girl you can say she is spayed.

good luck, and thank you for posting the pictures, i'm sure she will find a good home.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Your English is excellent. And the puppy is gorgeous - looks very much like our Bachata did as a pup. She has given us 12 years devoted companionship & guarding and she's still doing so. You can sense the intelligence of the dog you found, just by looking at those pics. Good luck with the homing!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It's moment like these when I wish we didn't already own 11 dogs, and have 2 extras staying temporarily, because she is lovely with kind eyes and I am sure will make a loyal friend and companion to whoever gives her the love and affection she obviously deserves.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
she does have a special look about her...Wow whirley 13 dogs in total!! you are so lucky to have the space and all the love and affection!!

and dominicanrep, you are very special and kind, to help this lovely girl find a home!!

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
Lambada said:
...And the puppy is gorgeous - looks very much like our Bachata did as a pup...

She is no puppy anymore. I assume she is approximately 1-2 years old, because her teeth are in perfect condition, but it's always difficult to guess how old a dog is .

whirleybird said:
It's moment like these when I wish we didn't already own 11 dogs, and have 2 extras staying temporarily...

Wow, so many dogs! You have my respect, whirleybird!

whirleybird said:
...because she is lovely with kind eyes and I am sure will make a loyal friend and companion to whoever gives her the love and affection she obviously deserves.

You are right, she is so lovely and nice. I hope we will find a good home for her.

Lapurr said:
...and dominicanrep, you are very special and kind, to help this lovely girl find a home!!

Thank you. My family and me love dogs and we have helped a lot of them in the past years. We got many female dogs spayed (not neutered ;)) and we were able to find a home for some of them, but unfortunately it's very difficult to find a good home. But we keep trying. :)

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
@rainbow: For a moment I thought it's the same dog, they look like twins, but then I compared their pics and saw that the dog which we found has white paws, the other dog has brown paws. :(
Too bad. It would have been too good to be true.

PrimeroDios

Mar 28, 2008
I Know The Owners!

Hello !!

I know the owners, her name is SUGAR if I remember well. Her owners are from Canada and live in Cabarete, they're my neighbours. They're going to be very happy. I'm truly glad for them. Thank you for posting her pics. God Bless.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Well Done

Hello !!

I know the owners, her name is SUGAR if I remember well. Her owners are from Canada and live in Cabarete, they're my neighbours. They're going to be very happy. I'm truly glad for them. Thank you for posting her pics. God Bless.

Let us know when they are reunited! She is a fine looking doggie.

:D

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
Hello !!

Thank you for this very good news, that is wonderful! I already sent you a PM, because I need the address of your neighbours.

I hope for a happy end!!! :)

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
Just a short update: I have spoken with "PrimeroDios" who knows the owners of SUGAR. He told me that we could bring SUGAR to them tomorrow, so she will stay a night in our apartment.

I hope her owners will be happy to see her again. Will keep you updated. :)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Sugar is a great name for this lovely dog as she looks a real 'honey' - her Canadian owners must have been frantic to find her. So we may all learn a lesson from this incident, would someone please explain how they became disunited?

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
more pics

I also would like know how they became disunited. I will hopefully meet her owners tomorrow and ask them.
Sugar is currently lying satisfied beside my chair and is sleeping peacefully.

She is such a lovely angel, I really felt in love with her. She is so grateful that she can be with us at the moment and I'm sure she will be even happier when she'll see her owners tomorrow.

My other dogs are not so happy that a "stranger" is in our apartment, who is also getting food and attention, but they do accept her. ;)

I have made some more pics of her.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Will be very interested to hear about the reunion of Sugar with the owners - any particular reason they did not want her back immediately?? If she had been my dog I would have wanted her back NOW.

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
"PrimeroDios" told me that he has not yet spoken with the owners. He will pass by their house tomorrow and put them in touch with me.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Will await your update then but doesn't sound like they were exploring every eventuality to find Sugar to me - I hope I am very wrong.