Half Built Apartment Block In Sosua Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
I've had a scan of the archives and couldn't turn up any info - so here we go!!

For as long as I can remember there seems to have been a "derelict", half-built apartment block on the cliff overlooking Sosua Bay.
(as appeared in many of the photos in http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/66534-so-youre-bored-sosua-15.html
behind the mmmm... quite nice looking young lady!.)

Purely being nosey, is anybody going to do anything with it & why is such an obvious piece of prime real estate being left in this condition.

OK...... Over to the experts....

Reidy

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That was being built as condominiums, as far back as 15 years ago, by the Marco Polo club owners.
Marco Polo was the building immediately to it's right. (in the pic)
Evidently it never got completed.
I seem to remember a lot of preselling going on, back in those days for those condos.
I expect a few people lost some money in that deal.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
You just wonder why somebody hasn't stepped in and developed the site considering the popularity of the North Coast & Sosua in particular...

If, as you sat Rocky, a lot of people may have lost money; might be legal reasons..... Just wondered as every-time we have gone down to the beach it seems to be an "eye-sore" in an otherwise gorgeous vista!!

That was being built as condominiums, as far back as 15 years ago, by the Marco Polo club owners.
Marco Polo was the building immediately to it's right. (in the pic)
Evidently it never got completed.
I seem to remember a lot of preselling going on, back in those days for those condos.
I expect a few people lost some money in that deal.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
You just wonder why somebody hasn't stepped in and developed the site considering the popularity of the North Coast & Sosua in particular...

If, as you say Rocky, a lot of people may have lost money; might be legal reasons..... Just wondered as every-time we have gone down to the beach it seems to be an "eye-sore" in an otherwise gorgeous vista!!

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Sosua Bay "eye sore"

Interesting to note that almost all photographs and artist/painter renderings omit the left side "eye sore" from Sosua Bay vista presentations. Sad, as the cement box seems to be nothing more than a storage facility for chairs, etc.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

If, as you say Rocky, a lot of people may have lost money; might be legal reasons..... Just wondered as every-time we have gone down to the beach it seems to be an "eye-sore" in an otherwise gorgeous vista!!
Could very well be, but I am just speculating.
Over the years, there have been a bunch of battles between all the owners, so anything is possible.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Wasn't that property involved with the Starz Resorts feud 4 years ago?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I looked into that property about a year and a half ago...and have heard rumors of it being sold several times since..with and without the adjacent Victorian Resort (blue and white hotel)... I believe the reason it hasn't been sold is a combo of legal/ownership issues and unrealistic pricing...

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Tamborista's photo of Sosua Bay and Eyesore

Nothing at all wrong with the picture of Sosua Bay from Photobucket if you would like "that" hanging on your living room wall. But then again, should you, one might really become "eye sore." Safe to say, Sosua Bay would really shine if the eyesore/old concrete structure could be either razed or renovated.

Status
Not open for further replies.