Santiago Accomodations- Clean, Safe, cheap

sshabazz

Aug 1, 2008
Hello All,

My boyfriend and I plan on staying in Santiago for one night on Thurs 8/14. Can anyone recommend a cheap ($40 or less), clean, and safe hotel?

Thanks

yelkcub

Dec 11, 2007
www.buckrobin.com
The Hotel Aloha Sol is clean and safe. I was there for a week in June and enjoyed my stay. It's centrally located (within walking distance to the Monumento). The cost is around $52 which includes breakfast.

Robin

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
send a private message to hillbilly. He will rent you a clean room, cheap and in a safe area.
AZB

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
The Rotunda on Feb 27 is 350 rd for a fan room and 700rd for an air conditioned room . Cheap, safe and clean.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
The Colonial Hotel, Calle Salvador Cucurrullo near 30 de Marzo 809-247-3122. 10 minute walk to the Monument and in the heart of the Santiago Colonial Zone.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
FYI, the HB B&B is booked through October....thanks folks for all your support.

HB

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
Hello!

FYI, the HB B&B is booked through October....thanks folks for all your support.

HB

Hello! Long-time-no-see, Luis. Cris and I are thinking of visiting DR again...possibly first two weeks of December. My son and daughter-in-law also will be coming. Can you tell me details of the HB B&B? Look forward to hearing from you. How's your lovely wife these days?
Best regards,
Keith&Cris

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HAHAHAHA,no...it doesn't.. It functions strictly by word of mouth and the good ol' HB fame on DR1...
No kidding. We started it a couple of years ago in a paid announcement on DR1, almost as a lark, and folks started to come down. Santiago is not a tourist destination, but the idea of a nice apartment plus good breakfasts seemed to attract people.
Right now the apartment is booked for the foreseeable future and the rooms are full until at least October.

All I can say is write to one of the folks that have been here. Wud, Frank the Tank, Maine Girl etc.

Cordially,

HB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
thanks HB i will write one of the folks you mentioned. i hope business is going well and in my future trips to DR I get to stay at your B&B and see for myself! thanks for getting back to me - J

grsher

Jan 16, 2008
Century Plaza

The century Plaza hotel is new, has good service, a very good restaurant and is about 1800 - 2000 pesos a night.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I posted this in another thread, I guess it is also appropriate here.

In Santiago there is a new hotel that opened up 3 months ago. It is Hotel Los Jardines, located directly behind the Gran Almirante. Everything is brand new. Wireless Internet in the whole hotel, restaurant, bar, room service, flat screen TV in the rooms.

The prices start at about $47 US and go up to $80 for a larger room for two people. In my opinion this place is a real bargain.

Hotel Los Jardines
Av. Texas Calle 10 Los jardines Metropolitanos
809-276-8222.

One thing though, the cheaper rooms are very small, but very nice

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That place is on the west side of town, surrounded by bus and minibus stops, fruteras and other such stuff. At a major intersection...not quiet...

HB

R

rockero

AH OK Cool Well for 10m Bucks Why not???? I mean What else is there for me to choose Colonial seems cool but 14 is a bit high,,,Wish I can get a deal there for 10 or at least even 12 a night,,,OK THE Rotunda Hotel is it easy to get a cheap room there without it being packed??? How good are the fans there too??? Is there hot or cold showers there??? THE TV I can care less for...How is The Barrio there at night??? Are there late night internet places within walking distance of there if not And I must go to Centro all the time then What Bus do I take back then to THE Rotunda Hotel from Centro???? Also the noise problem might not be such an issue if the fan can drown out the noise And I will bring a tan of silicone earplugs to last me many months in THE DR,,,So any darn info on this is much darn appreciated,,Thanks Again,,Rockero...