How to post photos on DR1?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I am trying to post a comment on one of the threads, and attach a photo that I took that is in my computer pictures file but when I click add image it asks for a URL....what is that and what is the easiest way to just get the pic in the thread??
SHALENA
Sorry, I know NOTHING about computers except how to get on the internet JAJAJA
So if you know the answer, please explain it to me in the simplest of terms;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I am trying to post a comment on one of the threads, and attach a photo that I took that is in my computer pictures file but when I click add image it asks for a URL....what is that and what is the easiest way to just get the pic in the thread??
SHALENA
Sorry, I know NOTHING about computers except how to get on the internet JAJAJA
So if you know the answer, please explain it to me in the simplest of terms;)

It happened to me too, i tried to post my pics , but i can't, don't know why, sometime it says the files are too big, but i'm just like you, i just know how to get on the internet :bored:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Upload it here, then cut n paste the link...make sure you reduce it in the resize field!

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

mnerr.jpg

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The easiest way when you are using tinypic.com is-

Whichever photo you want to use, move it to "Desktop" so you don't waste time looking for it on your computer.

On the page that says "Upload Images and Video" click the browse button right next to the "File" box.

It will open a new window right to your desktop.

Scroll and click on the photo you want.

Then click "Open" on the bottom of that window.

Back on the "Upload Images and Video" page you have 4 boxes-

1) File, where your photo is
2) Tags(don't worry about that one)
3) File type-select image or video
4) Resize-click there and hit "message board(640X480)-this is the optimal size for photos to post on DR1.
5) When you are ready click the green box that reads "Upload Now!!"
6) when you are done, copy or cut/paste the image from the box that says "IMG code for Forums and Message Boards".

The image may not be visible in your post while you are signed in, it may only appear as a link. As soon as you sign out of DR1 and go back to your post, the photo will be visible no problem.

But don't worry about that-it will appear to anyone reading the post as an actual photo and not a link.

For the record, this is by far the easiest way I know to post photos. Once you get the hang of it its' Eazy Breezy...

Hope this helps. :cheeky:

Last edited: