Pictures requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterloo

Apr 13, 2008
Just putting this out there. Does anyone have any recent photos (within the last 12 months) of Munoz? I've tried google searches but have come up only with pictures of the Batey (sp?) portion of Munoz. In particular, I'd like photos of the portion prior to the bridge, in the "Dominican" portion of the village. Thanks kindly.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just putting this out there. Does anyone have any recent photos (within the last 12 months) of Munoz? I've tried google searches but have come up only with pictures of the Batey (sp?) portion of Munoz. In particular, I'd like photos of the portion prior to the bridge, in the "Dominican" portion of the village. Thanks kindly.
Is that where your wife has moved to?

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005

I'm confused. There are two bridges, but if you mean the broken-down one near the Puerto Plata/Sos?a carretera (more like a ford at times) then there are relatively few dwellings on that side of the stream and these house both Haitians and Dominicans. The great majority of Dominican homes are further South, beyond the predominantly Haitian areas, and stretch from the baseball ground to the foothills of the mountain.

On the other hand, if you mean the intact bridge going into the village on the road in from the West (the way the publicos enter it), again there are a only a few houses before the bridge (I think with Dominican and a few gringo occupants?) and again you have to pass through a Haitian area before reaching most of the Dominican homes.

waterloo

Apr 13, 2008
In answer to your question Rocky...yes..you have a good memory! :surprised

For London777:

"the intact bridge going into the village on the road in from the West (the way the publicos enter it), again there are a only a few houses before the bridge (I think with Dominican and a few gringo occupants?)"

Thank you, for clarifying the layout of the area for me as I have not, as of yet, been there. The area that you mentioned, and I quoted, is the area that I am interested in. I am would appreciate any recent pictures of this area and it's occupant's that people may have.

If anyone has pictures they would be willing to share, please PM me.

Thanks

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I am would appreciate any recent pictures of this area and it's occupant's that people may have.

If anyone has pictures they would be willing to share, please PM me.

Thanks

And it's occupants?

You wrote something very disturbing which people should read and think about before sending you any pictures.

Tarde o temprano un marido hastiado organizar? a una expedici?n de caza con los sankies como la presa.

Taken from http://www.dr1.com/forums/639283-post42.html

I've suggested to both yourself and your mother in law to hire a detective and stop bothering people on DR1.

waterloo

Apr 13, 2008
Who have I bothered by my request? This is an open forum, is it not? All I asked for was pictures. Did I ask for range tables? Did I ask for distances from point A to B? Your reference to my prior posting is being taken out of context, which was made in a tongue-in-cheek fashion (note the comment about thanks to Babel fish!) If I was going to do something stupid, like you are insinuating that I am, why would I advertise the fact on a public forum!!

I find it funny that you jump all over me the minute that I post here. If you have issue with me, then out with it please. Let's clear the air. And please stop confusing me with my mother-in-law:ermm:

Regards
waterloo

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Who have I bothered by my request?
As pointed out to you in the last reply, DR1ers.

This is an open forum, is it not?
To a certain degree.

All I asked for was pictures.
And a very suspicious request it is.

Did I ask for range tables? Did I ask for distances from point A to B?
No, but that's exactly what we were suspicious about.

Your reference to my prior posting is being taken out of context, which was made in a tongue-in-cheek fashion (note the comment about thanks to Babel fish!)
Quite the contrary. It is taken in full context and applied to the present subject matter. As for the mention of using a translator, how does that make it tongue cheek? All it illustrates is that you don't speak Spanish and needed a translator to compose that sentence.

If I was going to do something stupid, like you are insinuating that I am, why would I advertise the fact on a public forum!!
This is the part where your excuse gets really lame.
You did not advertise the fact that you were "going to do something stupid", did you? You did not advertise any intent whatsoever, much less that you would do something stupid, so your response/argument/justification holds no water.
I, Anna and others all suspected the same thing

I find it funny that you jump all over me the minute that I post here.
This is getting more and more lame by the minute.
10 1/2 hours passed before Anna responded to you.
How can you say that it was the minute you post here?
And did Anna jump all over you? NO !!!!
She quite wisely voiced the opinion of the many concerned who read between the lines of your post.
Anna is one of our cherished guardians of the gate and she protects the weak and/or the strong, as long as the cause is righteous.
If someone here were to provide you with some photos which assisted you in committing some unethical, immoral or criminal act, then said person would also be damaged by your actions.
It is based on this fact, that Anna suggests that nobody provide you with the requested pictures.

If you have issue with me, then out with it please. Let's clear the air.
Was Anna not clear enough for you to understand?
Your response leaves the impression that you fully understood, but just in case, allow me to summarize.
Anna, other DR1 members, including myself, are concerned that you will use the requested photos to "do something wrong", as you put it.
Based on the general consensus, it is being suggested to our precious DR1 friends and members, to not take a chance in providing you with said pictures, lest they be used for some illicit/immoral/unethical/criminal act on your part.

And please stop confusing me with my mother-in-law:ermm:
Nobody is confusing you with your mother in law.
It has been mentioned that both you and your mother in law have been provided with some sound advice, that you hire a private detective. If being given the same advice as is given to your mother in law, leads you to believe that we are confusing the two of you together, then you are seriously irrational and illogical.

Now, let me tell you something.
I empathize with your situation, as does Anna and many others.
We understand what has happened even better than you do, as we have seen this type of thing before.
It can be heart wrenching to see what some poor innocent folks go through in situations, such as yours.
We have seen folks have their lives shattered to smithereens.
As we are in general, a group of decent folks, and we try to assist all who enter here asking questions, we do whatever we can to protect them from the dangers that may be lurking in their lives.
The very person you are attacking with your last post, is the leader of said group that tries to protect innocent folks from the ravages of a sanky relationship.
She is pillar on which everyone else leans.
She is the one with the greatest insight and empathy.
That would explain why she is the moderator, as nobody could do it better.
I suggest to you, that you just attacked the wrong person.
She is the one who might save you from yourself.
Regards, Marco.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Waterloo just let her go. You will meet some one better than her in the future. You and your children will be better off in the long run. Reading between the lines it does appear that you are or were about to do something that you will regret for the rest of your life. Your kids need you now more than ever

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
Could some one cind of tell me the underlines of your discussions?pictures of what? and to do what with?
less than 1 year ago ,I started to use that blog and feel extremely good how the" web master" managed that blog.
What is the presumptions about that Dude requesting pictures?

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Could some one cind of tell me the underlines of your discussions?pictures of what? and to do what with?
less than 1 year ago ,I started to use that blog and feel extremely good how the" web master" managed that blog.
What is the presumptions about that Dude requesting pictures?

If you look at Waterloos previous posts you will see that his wife may be "missing in action" in the DR and presumably in Munoz. He sought advice on DR1 when the sorry story all began.

My sympathies, waterloo, but this is not the way - believe me! :ermm:

Rio

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
waterloo,

It wouldn't be a good idea to make a surprise visit. If you've never been here & you don't know how sankies can tick, it could easily get out of hand. Law enforcement here are not your RCMP. We couldn't begin to tell you about the corruption, double dealing etc etc. Nor is it a good idea to think you can personally organise for the disposal of the sankie. In this country one doesn't do it personally, one hires. Those of us who've lived here a long time know how disposal is done, but we don't mess with it because always it rebounds on the gringo. And if you've had an 'offer' of this nature either from someone here or from one of your Armed Forces colleagues, do the sensible thing & have nothing to do with it. The collateral damage can go a lot further than you would ever think.

I know, I know, nothing could have been further from your mind ;) .

How are your children doing?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
waterloo,

It wouldn't be a good idea to make a surprise visit. If you've never been here & you don't know how sankies can tick, it could easily get out of hand. Law enforcement here are not your RCMP. We couldn't begin to tell you about the corruption, double dealing etc etc. Nor is it a good idea to think you can personally organise for the disposal of the sankie. In this country one doesn't do it personally, one hires. Those of us who've lived here a long time know how disposal is done, but we don't mess with it because always it rebounds on the gringo. And if you've had an 'offer' of this nature either from someone here or from one of your Armed Forces colleagues, do the sensible thing & have nothing to do with it. The collateral damage can go a lot further than you would ever think.

I know, I know, nothing could have been further from your mind ;) .

How are your children doing?

Listen to Lambada. You be a wise man to adhere his advice.

Time to move on!!!!!

Plenty of fish in the sea. Your kids deserve better!!!!!!

Good luck!

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
Dude ,i am very sorry about your trouble!
Find your self another "Dudette" ,be a man and move on.
"Third world countries "are the worst place to have love troubles,you might end up with more you can handle. 35 years ago i was in a similar situation and i end up 3 days in a hospital in a "coma" ,so be care full.
let it go and move on.
I don't think anybody here will wish you bad luck,so don't take certain advices/suggestions to personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.