?wire?less/inalambre home telephone

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Some time ago Centennial introduced a cell phone for use from one?s house. We live in an area of very low signal but some of my neighbours who purchased Centennial house phones tell me that if you switch the base station from its stick antenna to an outside one it works excellently. Viva have taken over Centennial DR and they too advertise ?Telefono mi casa? but the only ?phone they offer is a glorified ordinary cell phone, the base station is only used for charging the hand set which has only an antenna no longer than my little finger which anyway cannot be unscrewed and the handset used with an outside antenna. (not very practical even if you could!)
Does anyone know where I can get a house wireless phone with the facility to change the antenna and just an ordinary handset, wireless or with cable.??
It all sounds very complicated, I hope I have posed the question sufficiently clearly.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I don't have the answer to your question, but do you have internet service, yet no phone service where you live?
If so, would something like Vonage solve your problem?

goodvin

Jul 23, 2007
If you do not have any cable line to your house, other sources of phone services are not very reliable. I do not know about EVDO terminal from Viva, but I use Wimax terminal from OneMax and I changed its antenna to external. But you have to check their coverage area, services and prices.
And why not use cellular phone?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks for your suggestions but they don?t really help. Our problem is a very weak and unreliable cell phone signal. We need something to effectively boost that signal which the Centennial phone did.