Paypal

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Is it possible to add a Popular Bank account to a paypal account to transfer money here?

Thanks

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Doesn't it have to be a US bank? I would also like to know how to receive money via PayPal without a US bank account.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
You receive the money to Paypal then send it to your wife via XOOM. Xoom accepts paypal. You don't need ANY bank account to operate Paypal.
You can do the same using your credit card on Paypal.

Paypal doesn't allow DR Bank accounts

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Dominican bank accounts do not work with PAYPAL, while UK banks do regardless of what the OP is trying to accomplish.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Perhaps she needs to put away all those pesos she saved on the overstay fee? Dominican bank accounts do not work with PAYPAL, while UK banks do regardless of what the OP is trying to accomplish.

;)
Well I'm confused.
ERALC !!!
Where are you?
DR or UK?

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I am back in the DR hence the reason why im asking about a popular bank account.

So if i have money in my paypal account, how do i get the money??

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks Tambo, I now see it is possible, but in my case it still looks like I might have to create a new account because it only gives me the option of entering a US bank account, maybe based on my location (DR) or my mailing address, which is in the US.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thanks Tambo, I now see it is possible, but in my case it still looks like I might have to create a new account because it only gives me the option of entering a US bank account, maybe based on my location (DR) or my mailing address, which is in the US.

I tried that when we were Paypalling money to Chris for the Santiago flood victims. It was a nightmare. My bank account is in UK, my mailing address in US & I live in DR. In the end I gave up because Paypal wouldn't answer my queries, & sent the money to HB by Caribe Bank instead. Paypal's set up didn't seem to allow for those of us 'outside the box'. Course once I'd cancelled the account Paypal then wrote to me twice a day.............:ermm:

Eralc if you're just back from UK why are you asking Rio to bring you Branston?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/78036-one-brits.html

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
You know what im going to bother saying anything here again. Everything i write is questioned!!

Yes i did go to UK for 10 days, then i came back. And i forgot the branston pickle and saw an opportunity to ask for some.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It just shows that people are listening to you and taking note of and remembering what you say - no need to be defensive surely.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If anyone could.....i would love some Branston pickle sauce. Not had that for a year!!! Mmmm branston pickle and cheese sandwiches!

I think some of us got confused - not by the forgetfulness, I think we can see that - but by the emboldened statement above. You were in Branstonland and you forgot to even taste it? Must be..............really important to you.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It just shows that people are listening to you and taking note of and remembering what you say - no need to be defensive surely.
Yeah.
It was fresh in my mind becasue of that thread about the departure tax and I knew it was recent.
What's this about pickles?
I didn't get that part.

Disregard my post.
I understand now.