Large dog wanted

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
Hello everyone

Good home offered for large Dog, bbreed is not important . Preferably at least nine months old.
Call 829-889-4009 or 809-571-0806

Thanks in advance

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
thanks alot for that address never knew of such a site. Although joven looks quite nice I had something a bit more intimidating looking in mind if anyone knows of somebody trying to sell any evil Rottweilers, Alsations or naturally large breeds of dogs.

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
Either one of the two would be fine although it'd be nice if the dog wouldnt attack me everytime I go near it!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Is this large, evil, intimidating dog you are seeking going to live within your family or confined to being a guard dog?

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
No it will not be living with my family, I am only here with my son who does not live with me. It would basically be a guard dog that I take with me everywhere I go.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
No it will not be living with my family, I am only here with my son who does not live with me. It would basically be a guard dog that I take with me everywhere I go.

As mentioned before please pay a visit to Judy's Pet Lodge home of AAAS. We currently have a number of dogs (big n small) looking for good homes. Also in this country, you do not need a large dog to intimidate an unwanted person from entering your property - most Dominicans and Hatians are petrified of all dogs big n small...When we only had the one dog (a golden retriever) furniture delivery guys would not enter even though Plex was sitting at the front door with two tennis balls in his mouth, dripping wet from coming out the pool and tail a wagging...Tom

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
Yes I was planning to pay a visit to Judy's Pet Lodge tomorrow afternoon. Yes and I've noticed that most Dominicans and Haitians are scared of all Dogs but the idea is, that if the intruder that may enter my home isn't that scared of dogs then the Dog needs to be able to at least to make a lot of noise to warn te intruders off, and if it comes down to it, actually do some damage to the intruder! Now if I was an intruder, a 1 foot tall chihuahua yapping and jumping up at me is at lot less likely to scare me than a 150 lb Rottweiler that is foaming at the mouth and barking like a demon.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dang, I knew there was a market for Yoshi I and pups!!
Sorry, I have been dreaming of bringing a Tosa-ken dam (bitch) for Yoshi I that lives in Cabarete. Great dog, (140+) . However, females are very expensive and breeders are exceedingly picky as to who they sell them to.

HB

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Yes I was planning to pay a visit to Judy's Pet Lodge tomorrow afternoon. Yes and I've noticed that most Dominicans and Haitians are scared of all Dogs but the idea is, that if the intruder that may enter my home isn't that scared of dogs then the Dog needs to be able to at least to make a lot of noise to warn te intruders off, and if it comes down to it, actually do some damage to the intruder! Now if I was an intruder, a 1 foot tall chihuahua yapping and jumping up at me is at lot less likely to scare me than a 150 lb Rottweiler that is foaming at the mouth and barking like a demon.

I've followed the treath with interest and i feel obliged to give some information.

A "pet" dog will probably not engage

why:
a: He isn't thought
b: He has learned that humans are stronger than him

Little storry. I had to deliver a painting and entered a garden. 4 dogs (different breeds one Rotweiller and 2 GSd's and a little mixed breed)
camae running and barking around the corner. I was to far from the fence to go for the "big" escape ( and i was carrying a 12500$ painting)
I decided that i would go for the frontal attack. No dog bit me and i made it to the front door unharmed

Only a dog from "good" working lines and (partiatly) trained will engage and inflict damage

(exceptions always exist)

Greetings

Johan

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I agree and disagree. Growing up we had 3 dogs - a female Chesapeake retriever(working duck retriever) and her two male pups which were half rodesian. These dogs were never trained as guard dogs. When we were home they greeted family friends, and strangers alike a little bark and tail wagging. If nobody was home they were like rabid dogs - nobody would set foot on our property. Several fools that tried were bit, one guy was treed for 6 hours. Pets that are treated well and of the correct breed and temperment will protect property and people, but not a well as a trained and disciplined guard dog.

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
So I went to Judy's pet lodge. Nothing realy suitable available. Although she did have some lovely dogs boarding there(not for sale) including a Doberman and a Rottweiler and not to my surprise these were the most agressive dogs that were there of about 30. Oh well just keep looking I suppose

Thanks for your help guys

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
So I went to Judy's pet lodge. Nothing realy suitable available. Although she did have some lovely dogs boarding there(not for sale) including a Doberman and a Rottweiler and not to my surprise these were the most agressive dogs that were there of about 30. Oh well just keep looking I suppose

Thanks for your help guys

May I respectfully ask how you assessed their aggression - was it purely based on the tone of their bark and "look" from behind bars?

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
may I respectfully reply that normally you can tell which ones are more aggressive when they first see you because to them you are an intruder, now the ones which start wagging their tail and try to lick you to death when you get close seem to suggest that they won't be very good guard dogs because they are about as aggressive as a wet sock. But the ones that are growling, snarling and jumping up at the barriers, making a lot of noise. And all in all letting you know that you're on their territory are more likely to be better guard dogs. Or am I wrong?

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
may I respectfully reply that normally you can tell which ones are more aggressive when they first see you because to them you are an intruder, now the ones which start wagging their tail and try to lick you to death when you get close seem to suggest that they won't be very good guard dogs because they are about as aggressive as a wet sock. But the ones that are growling, snarling and jumping up at the barriers, making a lot of noise. And all in all letting you know that you're on their territory are more likely to be better guard dogs. Or am I wrong?

Possibly

Coby will wagg his tai and won't bark but he is more than willing to kill you if you do something wrong in his eyes

Barking and growling can also be a sign of fear.

Showing that he's a big fellow not to be messed with

I do belgian Ring (oldest policedogtraining) I decoyed a GSD a few weeks ago he barked, growled, showed his teeth and didn't bite even when the arm was presented in front of him

A comfident dog, knowing his strength wil bark to allert and not to impress

Greetings

Johan

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003

I too believe that this is not an accurate judgement. Remember you are entering with Judy/Jessica/ or one of the staff who they are accustomed to. They see this and do not sense fear because of this. Just the other night we had friends over for dinner. OUr dogs know and love these people. My buddy started horsing around and tried to push my wife in the pool - immediately 4 dogs were on him (and these are not attack dogs by any means). I may be wrong but it seems to me that you are looking for a dog that is going to be aggressive too everyone including yourself - good luck in the car if you find such an aninmal...Tom

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I too believe that this is not an accurate judgement. Remember you are entering with Judy/Jessica/ or one of the staff who they are accustomed to. They see this and do not sense fear because of this. Just the other night we had friends over for dinner. OUr dogs know and love these people. My buddy started horsing around and tried to push my wife in the pool - immediately 4 dogs were on him (and these are not attack dogs by any means). I may be wrong but it seems to me that you are looking for a dog that is going to be aggressive too everyone including yourself - good luck in the car if you find such an aninmal...Tom

An excellent illustration of what I was meaning with regard to your dogs leaping to the protection of your wife who they instincively know is their 'lady boss'.

A dog which is naturally aggressive to everyone is not a pleasure to own and can cause damage even to oneself. One truly 'bad' German Shepherd back in England was deemed to be too aggressive for work with the police force or the army though, through training and hard work, he became his owner's most loyal friend, companion and protector - the person who had him from a puppy until 2 years old just wanted a 'macho' dog but allowed the dog to become "boss".

Put a couple of our soft-hearted Rottweilers, German Shepherd or Ridgeback behind a fence or bars in a kennel and they will appear 100% aggressive to any stranger but, out in our compound, our smaller Domincan dogs will defend our property just as well as they do.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
I've a little story

A few years back a few years ago some dominican freinds came to a barbeque and made a bit to much noise. Coby looked from a distance. But when they began to be a bit rough with rafael he just barked once. But in such a way that 5 16/17 year old machos jumped together on the table. As if this would help Coby scales easily a 2.2 m high wall so a 90 cm high table wouldn't hinder him at all

Greetings

Johan