Sponsorship for PR to Canada.....Lexi...start to finish

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Exactly what papers have you had translated and legalized into English?
Did you do the Marriage Certificate and the Birth Certificate? How about the Police Clearance?
Thanks!

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Does anyone know if you have to get the Police Clearance traslated also???

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Everything you submit to Canadian immigration needs to be in English or French

Thanks Isabelle

so that I have this straight for future questions. Everything you submit to Immigration Canada has to be in translated into English or French and Legalized?

Thanks

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Thanks Isabelle

so that I have this straight for future questions. Everything you submit to Immigration Canada has to be in translated into English or French and Legalized?

Thanks

Well the police certificate does not need to be legalized but other docs should, if what you mean is the Junta stamp yes.

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Thank you

and one more question where can these be translated?

You need to find a translator who is accredited to do translation for immigration purposes. I called a translator and he was. I asked immigration and they do not have a list.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I found a place that does papers for Immigration.

DRSI - Dominican Republic Services and Investments Inc. 2727 Steeles Avenue West, Suite 301, Toronto, Ontario, M3J 3G9
Tel: (416)739-1237 and Fax: (416) 663-1973 E-Mail: info@dominicanrepublicservices.com
and Website www.dominicarepublicservices.com

Thanks for all your help. I did get a straight answer from Immigration today and Yes, you do have to also get the Police clearance translated and legalized along with his birth certificate and the wedding certificate.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Timelines for papers once in Haiti

I know what the Canadian Immigration shows regarding timelines for Canadian visas to be issued through the Haitian office but what I would love to hear is how long everyone's papers have taken for them?

Basically after you were approved here in Canada to be the sponsor how long before you saw something updated on the website and how long for the process of the papers in Haiti?

I have heard lots of stories about it taking around 4 months but am not sure if this is still the case or not....

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
timelines

Here is my timeline so far for my wife according to the website

Sponsership application received Nov 13, 2007

In process Dec 6, 2007 approved as sponser

Permanant Resident

In process Jan 30, 2008 for PR (website changed)

I will keep you updated.

FM9119ca

Does this anwwer your questions?

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
FM9119ca - thanks, I am wondering how long the whole process is actually taking once the papers get to Haiti - so it will be interesting to see when your wife finally gets her visa. Thanks for your respomse.

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
time line

Hi Lexi

Your welcome. If you go to the search engine for the message boards and type in Timeline or time line you will come up with other poster's past experiences. I am hoping to hear something in May for the interview..that would be the 4 month mark in Haiti.

Check periodically at the website for it seems to change every few weeks

Have you heard anything at all from Haiti?

Do you have a "B" number?

FM

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We have a small group of people that are now waiting for to hear from Haiti so please feel free to post here as you progress so we will have some updated info on the timeline.

Thanks

Last edited:

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
FM - No I don't have a B number...do you? Where did you get it? Was it on the website as they update it? I also haven't heard anything from Haiti but it would be too early for me to of heard anything as our papers were only sent from Mississauga to Haiti last week. That's why I was wondering how long it is actually taking.

My timeline so far:
Papers recieved in Mississauga - March 3rd, 2008
Papers approved for me to sponsor - March 25th, 2008

Which surprised me as that was even with the Easter holiday in there too.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Lexi,
getting approved as the sponsor is the easy part. And from Mississauga they kindly send you a letter with your client ID so that you can check on line. Now the frustrating part comes. Our papers were received in Miss on Nov 22 I was approved on Dec 12 and rec'd my letter Dec 18. Since then absolutely nothing. Under my client ID the website has not changed. I have no idea if it means that they have started but haven't updated the website or if they just haven't started.
We forgot to hand in the Use of Rep form with the original package so my husband sent it via the Embassy in Puerto Plata. I sent a message via the Haiti website a couple of weeks ago to confirm that they did in fact receive the form and to request my husband's B file number but I haven't had a response. And the website says that it may take 28 business days for them to respond!!!! And if you send a subsequent email they will only respond to the last one.
I have also been curious to find out people's timelines especially seeing as FM's papers were sent to Haiti less than 2 weeks before mine but he can see In Process but I do not. From searching this forum I have read that a lot of people see the In Process betweeen 4-6 weeks after they receive the sponsor letter. Now that I past double that timeline it starts to get very frustrating.
I hope I haven't discouraged you at all, definitely not my intent, just trying to share information.
Jo-Anne

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I have heard 3 very discouraging stories today - I really feel for all of you! It is insane that the Canadian Immigration lets this happen.
Let's hope you all receive some good news soon!!

castro

Jul 5, 2007
My timeline.....

This is my timeline

March 9/2007 - sent package fedex
March 12/2007 - recieved package tracked online
April 2/2007 -approved as a sponsor ( letter in mail with client #)
May 10/2007 - "in process" checked online with client#
Dec 12/2007 - my husband recieves letter that they are paper screening his
papers and he will hear from them soon.
Jan 10/2008 - went to my MP for help
Jan19/2008 - papers expire medical police cert.
Feb 6/2008 - my MP gets an e-mail with Haiti requesting medical , police cert
police service sheet to been redone in 90 days.( does not tell
my husband or me).But will send a letter shortly.
Feb19/2008 - Ask my MP to send a copy of the e-mail from Haiti to see what
they wanted, so we could go ahead.
Feb25/2008 -My husband goes and gets all the papers done again.
Feb29/2008 -Husband gets a call from Haiti to come to S.D and to bring his
passport and pick up doucments. So he holds off sending his
papers UPS, until he comes back from the capital. Thinking he
could give them they papers when he went.
March3/2008-Husband went to S.D to pick up doucments, opened it up it was
all the forms he just did, but the medical forms had his pic's on
them. He was only allowed to show his passport to the guard
and a lady on the other end gave the guard the package to my
husband. So he could not give his papers he did already.
March4/2008-Called my MP to e-mail Hait see if my husband still needed to
redo all the forms he recieved the day before. (Which he did
the week before).
March5/2008-My husband went back and redid them again. Did'nt want to
hold anything up.( so he did'nt wait to hear)
March7/2008- Trinidad sent me an e-mail asking for my husbands full name
DOB and CLIENT# and they would see if it was already done.
March10/2008- Trinidad sends e-mail back that they sent the medical to Port
Au- Prince on March 5/2008.
March10/2008- Haiti also receives the package from my Husband by UPS
(tracked it online).

And now here we are, did everything they asked for and no word. Like that's surprising.... Maybe they will make us wait the whole 90 days to look at it now too.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Castro,
I feel for you. And reading your trials and tribulations with Haiti makes me worry about my husband's papers even more. I hope you received some positive news soon.

It's crazy to me that
1) they can send your MP info and not you or your husband
2) that even with your MP's help you're still getting the run around
3) that with so many people needing to contact their MP's just to get an answer that it hasn't triggered something to be done about this particular visa office.

I know that the speed at the office will be dependent on how many files they have to process....but my manager's brother-in-law was able to sponsor his wife in 3 months beginning to end....he is still a landed immigrant himself...but the file was processed in China. It's the same package of information that needs to be filled out. Just goes to show it can be done.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
We also contacted Ottawa which is the highest level of immigration and they asked that we write a letter of complaint with all our e-mails we sent to Haiti and the ones Haiti sent us, and they would investigate what was going on with our application in Haiti. I held off because we finally heard from them asking for us to redo our paper work. But now have reached a dead end, so I will be sending them the letter this time.

I have also heard, I don't know how true this. But if you do get your MP invloved they will take longer to process your application. They seem to answer back when my MP e-mails them to find out the status of our application, so who really knows....

They say that Port-Au Prince is one of the slowest Embassy's. And I truly believe it!!! Cause I see it!!!!!