Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Dogs

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Dogs

When I travel to the DR I don't like to eat out every meal. Hot dogs are always a favorite for a quick meal. For you expats what are your favorite brand of hot dogs in the DR? And don't forget the buns. Are there better quality buns that you recommend? Thank you.

sokitoumi

they are all horrible...bring your own or eat something else is my suggestion

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

mmmmm lips and ass!! come on...Have some fresh seafood!! live a little!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Tarheel, do yourself a favor and go to costco and buy the nathen's beef hotdogs pack (36 hotdogs), freeze them and then bring them here in a suitcase. The hotdogs here are terrible and have no real american hotdog taste. they are full of flour and other rubbery substance. If you come to santiago and bring the hotdogs with you, I will cook you up some real NY style hotdogs with onion sauce along with cold ones.

AZB

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    Tarheel, do yourself a favor and go to costco and buy the nathen's beef hotdogs pack (36 hotdogs), freeze them and then bring them here in a suitcase. The hotdogs here are terrible and have no real american hotdog taste. they are full of flour and other rubbery substance. If you come to santiago and bring the hotdogs with you, I will cook you up some real NY style hotdogs with onion sauce along with cold ones.

AZB
    Amen for Nathans hot dogs. I just brought in two dozen myself Sunday from Florida.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Amen for Nathans hot dogs. I just brought in two dozen myself Sunday from Florida.
    You dont have a Costco in NY?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lapurr View Post
    mmmmm lips and ass!!
    Whats' wrong with lips and ass? Especially on vacation? Thats' what I'd be looking for down there...what about you? LOL!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Berzin View Post
    Whats' wrong with lips and ass? Especially on vacation? Thats' what I'd be looking for down there...what about you? LOL!!!
    LOL B!! Nuttin wrong with them, if they are not from a cow!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I will second (or third) the advice...there are NO decent Dominican hotdogs. And the buns aren't much better!!! Definitely something worth bringing with you...if you really want them.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Mr Hotdog brand Mr Cheese dogs. They have little resemblance to American hotdogs, true, but I have eaten a LOT of them and I am STILL ALIVE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast