Web site designer needed!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hello

I need a website designer to create a site for my business, I have zero experience in this area but i have a good idea what i want. It must be in english and spanish language options, but i guess that is probably a basic requirement here. Anyway any one that would be interested please contact me. Also if anyone can give me a guide on how much this kind of thing will set me back i would be interested in hearing from you too.

Thank you

RossW

Jun 21, 2007
www.MovingtoDR.com
I have a programmer who might be able to help you out. The price will depend on the style/complexity of the site.

PM me the following info:
Generally what are you wanting to sell? (product/service/information)
Do you want a shopping cart attached?
Credit card processing capabilities?
How many pages will the site contain?
What general lay out are you looking for? Send a couple links to sites similar to what you are looking for.
How do you plan to market the site?
Where do you want the site hosted? DR/US?
Approximate Budget?

Check out this Wholesale Dropshipper site to get an idea of a quick site my friend put together

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
laurajane,
check out Graphic Farm
that's a link to her portfolio, it's an extensive list as you'll see... and not nearly all the work she's done.

consistent high quality work and reliable service.
she's based in cabarete, but has clients throughout the island and a few outside the country.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hello

I need a website designer to create a site for my business, I have zero experience in this area but i have a good idea what i want. It must be in english and spanish language options, but i guess that is probably a basic requirement here. Anyway any one that would be interested please contact me. Also if anyone can give me a guide on how much this kind of thing will set me back i would be interested in hearing from you too.

Thank you
Contact the poster "webmacon" here on DR1. He has an impressive list of clients in the DR, and does an excellent job.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
We have a circus show that shows in hotels and resorts in punta cana, we dont need at this time to promote the show as we are fully booked however we are in the process of putting together a second team so we can do two shows per night. However we have been asked frequently to supply some of our acts, firebreathing, fire dancing, juggling, stilt walkers etc for birthday parties, wedding reception, restaurants etc and i would like to continue with this kind of business as it is very lucrative.
So the site will be promoting our acts in the DR, currently on the south coast but eventually we would like to spread to the north. So i would like for people who are looking for entertainment to find our details on the web, I also plan to advertise on DR1 with a link to the site and will also be advertising in party supply shops, bridal boutiques etc.
A shopping cart not needed however a party planning request form and basic information on the acts we can supply, photographs etc. It wont be anything too complicated.

Thank you for all the info, I have recieved a few PM's so i will be gradually sorting through them, but keep it coming with the suggestions.

Thank again :)

rortiz79

Aug 8, 2008
3rd party endorsements are fine, direct spam is not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
laurajane,
check out Graphic Farm
that's a link to her portfolio, it's an extensive list as you'll see... and not nearly all the work she's done.

consistent high quality work and reliable service.
she's based in cabarete, but has clients throughout the island and a few outside the country.

I'd second this recommendation - I was very happy with the work she did for me. Meeting deadlines was excellent. She even launched my site when I was out of the DR on a UK visit, as per my request, which took a lot of co-ordination. Very reliable & professional (& a nice person as well). Very reasonable pricing (there were 3 prices depending on size of site).

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I very much value your opinion Lambada, so i have emailed her for more information.

Thank you :)

appreciate much the unstated "everyone else's suggestions meant nothing". perhaps in the future you can specify in advance who you'd like responding to your queries and/or list those whose advice you'll ignore. doing so could save some of us the apparently wasted effort.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
We have a circus show that shows in hotels and resorts in punta cana, we dont need at this time to promote the show as we are fully booked however we are in the process of putting together a second team so we can do two shows per night. However we have been asked frequently to supply some of our acts, firebreathing, fire dancing, juggling, stilt walkers etc for birthday parties, wedding reception, restaurants etc and i would like to continue with this kind of business as it is very lucrative.
So the site will be promoting our acts in the DR, currently on the south coast but eventually we would like to spread to the north. So i would like for people who are looking for entertainment to find our details on the web, I also plan to advertise on DR1 with a link to the site and will also be advertising in party supply shops, bridal boutiques etc.
A shopping cart not needed however a party planning request form and basic information on the acts we can supply, photographs etc. It wont be anything too complicated

Thank you for all the info, I have recieved a few PM's so i will be gradually sorting through them, but keep it coming with the suggestions.

Thank again :)

I was replying to an individual's post directly, You will also see i have again thanked everyone for their suggestions and help previously.

Maybe if you could inform me which posts you have read fully or chosen to ignore before insulting me, i will not have to write posts pointing out your errors and wasting more effort!;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I was replying to an individual's post directly, You will also see i have again thanked everyone for their suggestions and help previously.

Maybe if you could inform me which posts you have read fully or chosen to ignore before insulting me, i will not have to write posts pointing out your errors and wasting more effort!;)

I'm glad we got that sorted out. Let's move on before this goes south.

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
hehehe You guys are a bit too sensitive. Do you always give out info so that you get thanked back?

There is a Spanish saying: "Haz bien, y no mires a quien." It means do the right thing always, not just for the people you like or to the people who thank you.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
hehehe You guys are a bit too sensitive. Do you always give out info so that you get thanked back?

There is a Spanish saying: "Haz bien, y no mires a quien." It means do the right thing always, not just for the people you like or to the people who thank you.

force,
you're right & i try my best.

i knew that laurajane wasn't really slighting anyone... but it did appear that way. we've sorted it out behind the scenes without any ill feelings ;)

btw, i know lambada & couldn't agree more that her opinion's worth heeding. it obviously makes sense that one doesn't weigh everyone's input the same online

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
force,
you're right & i try my best.

i knew that laurajane wasn't really slighting anyone... but it did appear that way. we've sorted it out behind the scenes without any ill feelings ;)

btw, i know lambada & couldn't agree more that her opinion's worth heeding. it obviously makes sense that one doesn't weigh everyone's input the same online

Ach, it was just a teasing mostly. I know it feels nice to be appreciated, so I do understand. I just try not to expect the thanks, as hard as that is :)

I just felt like flaming someone yesterday :eek:gre: