US/English magazines in Santiago

ray unrath

Dec 28, 2007
Does anyone know where current periodicals can be bought in Santiago (i.e. The Economist)?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ray: They are scarcer than hen's teeth. I sometimes get them by way of a friend inthe States (Now two friends). I am expecting to get some soon. I will PM you asap when they arrive.

HB

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
You can read a lot of the articles for the Economist or The Atlantic online until you can get the magazines.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Supermercado National has a pretty large bookstore inside the supermarket, and I have found various books in ENglish there. No idea about magazines however.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
FWIW, in the capital there is a newspaper and magazine shop called Macal? on Nouel casi esq. Meri?o in the Colonial Zone - near the Cathedral. They stock Time, Newsweek, Economist and many other international titles.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
You can set up an EPS account and have your regular subscriptions sent here. A little costly but not much more than the high price put on any english mags I have bought at local stores. Definately worth it for those hard to find mags like golf digest etc..Tom