Robbed, beaten unconscious, shot 4 times & still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I just returned from a trip to England and learned that a client, Craig Honeyman, who lives on the upper part of El Choco Road in Sosua, had a run in with banditos last week. After doing a search here and not finding this listed, I thought people who might be acquainted with him, would want to know and help. I have also learned that the police caught the robbers and 1 was killed in the pursuit. Craig is still in Centro Medico Bournigal and expected to recover. It turns out that some of his neighbors are trying to raise funds to help with his bills as he has nothing left and no family that can help. If you would like to help, contact Hugo Ducros in Sosua at 809-571-4752.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
I hope violence like this isnt as common up in the north! I have read the various articles relating to this senseless act of violence and am saddened for the victim.
Are breakins common like this in Sosua/Cabarete?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It turns out that some of his neighbors are trying to raise funds to help with his bills as he has nothing left and no family that can help.

If he has family and/or friends in UK wanting to help then the north coast Hon. British Consul, Genni Mendez, can facilitate this via transfer of funds to the Embassy. Has the Consul been informed?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Apparently

they didn't think of that Ms. L.
Got calls today seeking donations but, duuhh. they said his hospital bill is about RD$150K. Cough it up Brits or contact a friend or family if he has one. We're talking about $15,000 US if that matters. the man is alive and OK I hear.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Was it ever established as to whether the Craig Honeyman mentioned was the elderly man in the photo printed in the paper or the person who was involved with the swimming pool business?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
they didn't think of that Ms. L.
Got calls today seeking donations but, duuhh. they said his hospital bill is about RD$150K. Cough it up Brits or contact a friend or family if he has one. We're talking about $15,000 US if that matters. the man is alive and OK I hear.

Actually you are talking about $5000 US.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sad to hear what happened, but the thread needs to be closed.

We do not allow donation threads on DR1. If we did, we would have hundreds of them.

We do our best to keep a level playing field, despite how some people view our actions.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.