Sea Horse Equestrian Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Hi,

Does anyone have any feedback on the Sea Horse Ranch....... and has actually been?

Just the horseback riding - not interested in anything else SeaHorsey!

Rio

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Hi,

Does anyone have any feedback on the Sea Horse Ranch....... and has actually been?

Just the horseback riding - not interested in anything else SeaHorsey!

Rio

I have not ridden there for quite a few years but it was always a great experience. I also notice that they have a lot more horses there now. It will not be the cheapest riding experience you can have here in the DR, but will probably be your best, certainly on the north coast.

To get more info call (809) 571-3880 or (800) 635-0991 and ask for Mercedes or email her at mercedes@sea-horse-ranch.com

Tell her Andy Ross suggested you contact her.

Good luck.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Andy - you star :cheeky:

Just the sort of reply I was hoping for.....

I guessed it wouldn't be cheap but it is quality I am looking for - when I have passed by it looks great....

I will contact them.

Rio

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
May I hijack this thread by asking, can one who has no horse and no afiliation to Sea Horse Range ride horses there? Do they have horses for Western style riding?

Thanks! ... J-D.

Hi JD - Answer to question 1 is yes, definitely - it is open to all.
Dominican Republic Horseback Riding - Sea Horse Ranch Equestrian Center

Question 2 - Not sure - they have some quality breeds there and a European Centre Manager - do you mean proper Western or Dominican style?

I will certainly give it a try - especially if the horses can do the "fancy stuff"

;)

Rio

aross

Nov 15, 2007
May I hijack this thread by asking, can one who has no horse and no afiliation to Sea Horse Range ride horses there? Do they have horses for Western style riding?

Thanks! ... J-D.

Rio2003 is correct, anyone can use the facilities. They used to have western saddled horses so I assume they still do.

sunny2

Apr 7, 2006
I don't know if they still offer it as an excursion for hotel guests but we booked there in 2003 from our tour rep at the hotel. They came in a mini van and picked up my son and I and took us to the ranch. We rode for about an hour and a half and then returned to the stable where they gave us a coke with a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. Afterwards we continued on for another hour before the van took us back to the hotel. It was a beautiful experience, just looking at some of the mansions is enough to make you wish for a lucky 649 ticket. We booked through the rep and it cost us $52.00 US each but that was 5 years ago.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Hi JD - Answer to question 1 is yes, definitely - it is open to all.
Dominican Republic Horseback Riding - Sea Horse Ranch Equestrian Center

Question 2 - Not sure - they have some quality breeds there and a European Centre Manager - do you mean proper Western or Dominican style?

I will certainly give it a try - especially if the horses can do the "fancy stuff"

;)

Rio

Thanks to both... I might not immediately do so, but I'll but that on my list of possible things I want to dedicate myself to (again).

I used to have horse in Ecuador. Ecuador has a strong Polo and Western riding community. Even bull riding contests. I used to play Country music there and was somewhat of a local icon... being the only steel guitarist in the country.
Anyways, I trained my own horses using something similar to horse whisperer methods... before the movie came out. I was one of my most rewarding times, as far as fun, and success... thou money wise, it was to be written off as a hobby. One of my horses, I years later found out, became a local champion in trail competitions, I could well understand it, it grew up under my front porch, would stand around in my well furnished living room and watch TV with us (no pooping allowed) and was used to kids playing hide and seek between it's legs. I once got it out of a river (it was still very young and I was stronger than what I am today). Anyways... if I don't get into kite-boarding... I might just saddle up again.

I was a member of the German American Quarter Horse Association, almost 20 years ago, so, yes Rio, proper Western riding. ;)

Rio2003 is correct, anyone can use the facilities. They used to have western saddled horses so I assume they still do.

Thanks for the info.

... J-D.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Polo in Cabarete

Sorry to hijack for a moment but there are beach polo matches the weekend of Sept. 5,6,7 on Cabarete Beach, a first. Equestrians may get a 'kick' out of it.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Sorry to hijack for a moment but there are beach polo matches the weekend of Sept. 5,6,7 on Cabarete Beach, a first. Equestrians may get a 'kick' out of it.

How do they fit a polo field on a beach? :surprised

I might have to go just to find out the answer!
Are you sure it is with horses and not water polo?

Just a thought.......

Status
Not open for further replies.