banking

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
If i have a "scotia bank" account , USD, can i withdrawl in USD or do i have to withdrawl pesos when going to the bank in the DR?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Where is your account with Scotia Bank? It sounds like your USD account is out of the DR and would not be tied directly to the DR version of Scotia Bank.

That's what I'm thinking. It's quite possible that you cannot access your USD account in the DR if it's in, for e.g., Canada.

They are different banks, name aside.

Gregg

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I believe you are correct. I think you will need to transfer USD to the Scotia i the D.R., then withdraw it as you choose.

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Bank Card

You have access to your accounts thru the bank of Nova Scotia atm.
I often withdraw pesos out of my dollar accounts in Canada and get a very good exchange rate and no extra fees for using a competitors atm.:bunny:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
You have access to your accounts thru the bank of Nova Scotia atm.
I often withdraw pesos out of my dollar accounts in Canada and get a very good exchange rate and no extra fees for using a competitors atm.:bunny:

Does that include USD accounts, since that is what the OP was inquiring about???

Gregg

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
I have used the bank machine both times when i was in the DR ,but wondered about the US part ,( i needed to pay something in USD )

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Here are the options I can think of is you need to pay for something in the DR with US dollars. Sorry if some are obvious,

1) Bring the US dollars with you
2) Open a US dollar account in a local bank and fund it via a wire transfer or check deposit ( takes a long time to clear a check, by the way)
3) Take out pesos from an ATM and trade them for US dollars (you would get a bad exchange rate).
4) Have the US dollars sent via an agency such as Western Union to you here in the DR
5) If the OP has a U$D checking account with the bank in USA, go along to an Exchange Bureau she (I presume by name the OP is a female) she or as friend has contacts wit, write a check to herself or the bureau & ask to draw in U$D. She MAY get a good rate of exchange but the Exchange house may insist on converting into pesos & then back again .......;)........ so BEWARE!! ~ Grahame