Non AI fees?

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hi, When booking AI with" signature" ,there were tourist fees that were included in their prices. If i am not going AI what fees will i have to pay? When and where are these fees paid?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Unless you are a Dominican or have your residency you are a tourist and pay the same "Tourist Fees". Whether you are staying at an AI is irrelevant.

Gregg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Tourists fees? Please explain

Are you talking about the 15.00 tourist card?

Ok I see Gregg said the same thing. Everyone pays that and also the 20 US on the way out

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Tourists fees? Please explain

Are you talking about the 15.00 tourist card?

Anna, the tourist card is $10US even if the package vacation companies may pad the price in their packages (just like some charge $25CDN for the $20US Departure Tax).

Gregg

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Both times i have been to the DR the company i booked with included the fees in the price of my vacation,so i never had to pay a fee , this is why i am asking so i know what will have to be paid.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Both times i have been to the DR the company i booked with included the fees in the price of my vacation,so i never had to pay a fee , this is why i am asking so i know what will have to be paid.

Most, if not all, appropriate fees will probably be included in your airline ticket price. With which carrier are you planning on arriving and at which airport?

Gregg

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
As far as I know Air Transat & Signature include both the 10$ tourist visa & the 20$ departure tax in their ticket price

Sunwing includes the 10$ tourist visa but you are responsible for the departure tax.

West Jet is the same as Sunwing I believe.

These things seem to change though...always better to keep that 20$ US bill hidden in your wallet just in case you need it when you leave.

Sangria

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
HI Greg and everyone
I am travelling with Jet Blue ,Buffalo to NYC to P Plata. Both times i have come to the DR i have taken flights from Toronto direct to P Plata ,so this will be diffrent for me.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
HI Greg and everyone
I am travelling with Jet Blue ,Buffalo to NYC to P Plata. Both times i have come to the DR i have taken flights from Toronto direct to P Plata ,so this will be diffrent for me.

In general with US airlines the Tourist Card is not included and is purchased for $10US per person just before the Migracion booth but the Departure Tax of $20US per person is included. That's how it was when I flew Jet Blue JFK - STI a while ago.

Gregg

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
thanks everyone , this info will be helpful, I am travelling alone ,so i try to be as prepared as possible so i "LOOK " like i know what i am doing ,(even thought i may not) .