wasnt he the gold medal winner- is he still a contender for a medal do we know

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Felix Sanchez - update

27189_w400xh600.jpg
wasnt he the gold medal winner- is he still a contender for a medal do we know

Yes , the 400 mt hurdles.

Not saying I am a fan or anything...... ;) he has an injury to his left foot that he is leaving until the last minute to decide on whether he can take part or not ( 15th August).

Got my fingers crossed.... :ermm:

Rio

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Couldn't they wait after the competition to tell him his Grandma died? or is it just another excuse?

Impressing Opening Ceremony, the music was very repetitive, but we could hear in the background the Mariachi music, viva Mexico!!!!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Sanchez fails to even qualify. Had a recent death of his maternal grandmother and reported to be depressed and had cried quiet a bit thus debilitating him. Of course he has been suffering from physical ailments that made it almost impossible to perform well.

CLAVE DIGITAL - DEPORTES

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sanchez took a free trip to Beijing, knowing full well that he was in no shape to even put a uniform on his back!! Biggest waste of money in the games...I suppose none of you folks had watched the Golden League races???? No Felix anywhere,,,,and those are the guys that will go 1-2-3...

HB

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Not "felix fit" !

Sanchez took a free trip to Beijing, knowing full well that he was in no shape to even put a uniform on his back!! Biggest waste of money in the games...I suppose none of you folks had watched the Golden League races???? No Felix anywhere,,,,and those are the guys that will go 1-2-3...

HB

I agree HB - he was definitely not fit before and never going to be able to compete to the best of his ability. Silly to think otherwise IMO.

Rio

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006

HB

He earned the respect to go not only to this one but to 2 more Olympic Games even though he won't do nothing there, Felix Sanchez is the biggest Dominican figure in the Olympics scenario bar none.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I think it is better if an athlete has earned the "right" to go through ability and performance and not from past records and achievements. It is about the best in sport at this present time - and not what has been.
And.... I am a fan!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Compared to this Felix was a flash in the pan

I think it is better if an athlete has earned the "right" to go through ability and performance and not from past records and achievements. It is about the best in sport at this present time - and not what has been.
And.... I am a fan!

Here was a 400 meter hurdler
Only reason it was not 3 golds was the US boycotted the moscow Olympics Edwin Moses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
I wish dr was playing b-ball .... Luis flores, jack martinez, charlie villanueva, al horford, francisco garcia, felipe lopez, trevor ariza, sammy mejia, edgar sosa, eloy vargas and others !!!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I wish dr was playing b-ball .... Luis flores, jack martinez, charlie villanueva, al horford, francisco garcia, felipe lopez, trevor ariza, sammy mejia, edgar sosa, eloy vargas and others !!!!

I agree with you that The Dr now has enough players of Dominican descent to be able to put together a team good enough to beat some of these other countries (obviously not The US). Hopefully we'll see one this in a not too far future.