Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sea Sickness Pills ....

I have to confess to occassionally suffering sea sickness when I go out fishing, but I find Dramamine tablets work 100% if I take them an hour or so before setting out.

Today I went to the chemist and they've not got any - instead I've been given something called Dramidom. A quick search around the net has offered up some very interesting results regarding what this drug is actually for, and now I'm really not sure if I should take it or not.

Has anyone ever taken it? And what for?

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody seems to know what it is or does.
    I saw one reference to it as "Mystery drug".
    Try it on the dog first..

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There is another sea sickness pill that begins with an N. Sorry, never used the stuff myself, but a fishing buddy of mine used it regularly with success, ad it didn't make him sleepy like Dramamine did. If you can't find any medication, another remedy that I have seen work well is chewing some raw ginger slices. I've never been seas sick, but both these alternatives have worked for mates and clients of mine.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest News

Dog's Dead

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stupid Dog Drowned

Jumped off the boat ....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i use dramidom. it's exactly the same as dramamine - at least for me. makes me just as sleepy and drowsy.
    i have been taking this type of medicine all my life, probably several times a month so...
    it's perfectly safe so fish the dog out of the sea and apologize

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about the dog, but te medication my friend used was called Bodine, in pill form. He liked it a lt, especially since it kept him from losing his lunch every time we went out to sea.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Bodine??
    Isn't that a special lactating medecine.

How did their advertizing slogan go?
    Make more milk like a bovine,
    With Johnson & Johnson's Bodine.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange name, I know. I was just happy to have it around, keeping my teak decks a lot cleaner, and my buddy saw the value also. As a professional big game mate, he didn't want to look like a Nancy in front of clients who were gong to be tipping him a good bit at the end of the trip. Vomiting rarely makes a professional skipper or mate look better.
    In fact, laughing in technicolor doesn't ever make anyone look better, which is probably why those in Hollywood always excuse themselves from the table and lock the stall before maintaining their figure.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i believe gravol and vertirosan are names of a medicine with the same compound - dimenhydrinate. i need a strong drug to stop me from getting sick so i cannot consider any of those "non-drowsy" pills - all lies!

dramidom is good. trust me, i have over 30 years of experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast