Return Air Tickets Question

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Can somebody clarify the situation on whether its a RETURN ticket or an ONWARD ticket that is required for travel to the DR? I know I can book the ticket I need at a reasonable price and cancel the onward ticket, but a fully refundable ticket from the UK to the DR isnt quite the same thing as for example, a booking not yet paid for with COPA..... which will automatically cancel after 3 days.....shall we say.

Thanks guys

Steve

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
it depends on the carrier. if they have an agreement with the government you can travel on one way ticket. i have on several occaisions, with no residency

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
I am not sure but with Canada I always travel back and forth on one way tickets since i live in Santo Domingo. I have no residency but it never seems to be a problem..well not up to now anyway.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think the only problem with one way tickets is via the US. Have never had any problems from UK

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
No, they ask to see return tickets or proof of DR residency when flying from Spain (Iberia, Air Europa) and France (Air France) too. I would guess that onward tickets would also be acceptable.

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
I am actually flying outbound with jetairfly from Brussels if anyone has any experience of them. They're the only airline that seem to sell one-way tickets!