4D Ultrasound Scan in Puerto Plata

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Can anyone tell me where in Puerto Plata you can get a 4D ultrasound scan done where they give you a dvd of the scan afterwards?

Also, how much does it cost?

Thanks
Daydream

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Can anyone tell me where in Puerto Plata you can get a 4D ultrasound scan done where they give you a dvd of the scan afterwards?

Also, how much does it cost?

Thanks
Daydream
Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck is the 4th dimension?
I know Height, Width & Depth in the 3D world I live in.
What is the 4th one?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What is the 4th one?
Time??????

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
What is the 4th one?

Apparently it's the movement, so I'm told ;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Apparently it's the movement, so I'm told ;)
Yes, I see that is what they refer to.
Clearly not a 4th dimension, but some ad campaign dude gave it that name, too dumb to know that it wasn't another dimension.
Anyhow, sorry to sidetrack your thread.

Anyone know where to get a 4D ultrasound in POP?

caro

Sep 24, 2003
try Dr. Desangles
calle 12 de julio no 71
809 320-0505

if is for when you are pregnant and see the baby I pay 1500 RD in january.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
yes I have both and the Doctor is real nice.the first time I was there my baby was moving a lot, nice for the dvd but not for the picture so he asking me to come back the next morning for the picture without paying other time.

the best picture you have it between 28 and 30 week

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I know they offer 3D scans in Centro Medico Bournigal and the prices there are good, especially with insurance. I always have regular scans and their technolgy is exactly the same as I found in UK. Not sure if they offer 4D scans there though.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I know they offer 3D scans in Centro Medico Bournigal and the prices there are good, especially with insurance. I always have regular scans and their technolgy is exactly the same as I found in UK. Not sure if they offer 4D scans there though.

Thanks erlac777, will check it out. What are the prices like with/without insurance?

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I used to have my scans at a private clinic in Sosua that didnt accept insurance so for a checkup and regular scan, it was like 800 pesos.

When i go to my doctor in Puerto Plata now, that accepts insurance, the same costs me like 300 pesos with insurance or like 1300 without.

It does depend on the doctor though. Id love to see a pricelist as sometimes it feels like they go, hmmmmmm, thats 1000 pesos please.

Ive had scans in 4 different places in sosua and puerto plata and never had a bad experience. Well, one was poorer quality but the docs have always been professional.

jester420

Jun 21, 2007
Dr. Desangles

I second Caro recommendation of Dr. Desangles.
I took my wife to him in June and got a DVD with
3 video files and 4 images for $1500 peso.
It was pretty amazing seeing my future daughter
yawning at 26 weeks.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Thanks caro, eralc777 & jester420 for your feedback.

I will check out Dr. Desangles - 1500 RD is very reasonable

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I wish I had seen this on Monday!

We were trying to have a 3D or 4D scan done but only found 2D (normal) in all 3 clinics....they didn't seem to understand that there was anything but 2D.

We went to central medico, brugal and gregorio hernandez and only gregorio hernandez was acceptable.

Central Medico seems to have decent equipment but there were so many people & no organization....they said we needed to have the doctor check for amniotic fluid before a 3D could be done....the doctor had us in & out in less than 4 minutes & told us by looking at the head we were having a girl 85% accuracy....he didn't know why we were there & didn't have 3D. (didn't charge us any $$$)

Brugal was too outdated & they said it was too early to see anything (23 1/2weeks).....hmmmmm ($400 pesos)

Gregorio Hernandez was a good experience. The doctor spent 1/2 hour with us & showed us everything....heart, arms, legs, confirmed 99% it is a girl etc. ($500 pesos) Picture clarity was decent and equipment fairly new. If you need a regular ultrasound done, I would definitely reccommend Dr. Daniel Martinez at this clinic.

Now today, we will try Dr. Desangles! Hopefully this is what we are looking for!

Thanks for the info everyone!
Sangria

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
ok we went to dr. desangles and it was a great experience!

we got the cd with 3 videos & 8 still pictures.

we also got 6 printed pics and a document with all the babies measurements.

it was a really great experience and well worth the 1500 pesos. I would have paid double.

i can't stop watching the videos!!!

sangria

xhinmorillo

Jun 17, 2009
I think you should try to go to your local major hospital if their are 4D ultrasound their or try to look from some clinic...

:)

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
"Mi esposa" and me were at Bournegal this afternoon for an ultrasound. The price for the ultrasound all depends on what sort of insurance coverage you have. The coverage that "mi esposa" has is with Universal (900 pesos per month) and we only paid 110 pesos (same price as 3 Brahma Grandes at the colmado..haha) for the ultrasound. The doctor even told us that as he could not determine the sex of our baby that we should come back in 4 weeks for a free ultrasound!! Nice, that means that next month I can have and extra 3 Brahma Grandes!!