Football/Soccer on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hello everyone...

Firstly, I just wanted to say a quick ?Thank you? to everyone who gave me advice, information and responses during my ?move to the DR? preparation period. We have now been living in the DR for just under a month and we?re already starting to feel so much at home. The people have been so wonderful in getting us settled in the town. We really couldn?t be happier with how things are turning out! :)

Now, a quick question...

We are hoping to make a trip to Cabarete this upcoming weekend (16th-17th) in order to catch the beginning of the Premier League Football (Soccer) season on TV (the Liverpool match being the most important one for us). Would anyone be able to recommend a bar or restaurant that may be showing it in Cabarete? Also,I am sure this has been asked many times here on DR1, but since I?ve already got your attention, if you could recommend a place to stay in Cabarete that is fairly cheap and not too shabby, that would be great as well.

Thanks so much!! :)

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Just wanted to add that we would happily go to Sosua instead of Cabarete if anyone knows of a bar or restaurant that would be showing the games there! :) Thanks!

S

sokitoumi

possibly ! - I would check that out first.The interest level seemed to have slipped a little there recently

asp44

Jan 22, 2008
Liverpool!

I've found on my last few trips that Jose O'Shays in Cabarete have shown a lot of English football, not sure if they will show that specific match though, probably be worth checking first. I'll be watching it too but I'm afraid I'm shouting for the other team SAFC! Good luck in finding a place to watch it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I've found on my last few trips that Jose O'Shays in Cabarete have shown a lot of English football, not sure if they will show that specific match though, probably be worth checking first. I'll be watching it too but I'm afraid I'm shouting for the other team SAFC! Good luck in finding a place to watch it.

Here is the number for Jose O'Shays.

809-571-0775. You can call, ask for Big Frank or Little Frank. They are the owners and speak English.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Thanks so much everyone for the help! I will telephone Eddy's and Jose O'Shay's this evening to see if either of them will be showing the games.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
From Eddy's website

Thanks so much everyone for the help! I will telephone Eddy's and Jose O'Shay's this evening to see if either of them will be showing the games.

16 Sat 07:30 Premiership Football - Arsenal v West Brom
16 Sat 10:00 Premiership Football - Middlesbrough v Tottenham
16 Sat 10:00 Premiership Football - Everton v Blackburn
16 Sat 12:30 Premiership Football - Sunderland v Liverpool
16 Sat 14:15 Premiership Football - Hull City v Fulham
16 Sat 14:30 Premiership Football - West Ham v Wigan
16 Sat 16:00 Premiership Football - Bolton v Stoke City
16 Sat 19:45 Championship Football - Bristol City v Derby
17 Sun 08:30 Premiership Football - Chelsea v Portsmouth
17 Sun 11:00 Premiership Football - Manchester United v Newcastle
17 Sun 13:00 Premiership Football - Aston Villa v Manchester City
17 Sun 13:00 NASCAR - 3M Performance 400

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Thanks very much for the invite Peter! :)

My fiance and I are actually traveling from Cabrera on our Pasola, leaving early Saturday morning, so we won't be there in time for the earliest game. Hopefully we can catch the end of the 10:00 game, but it is our first long trip on the bike, so we might take a while! :) We will certainly be there to catch the 12:30 game though! We will happily join you for some lunch and afternoon drinks if you will be around then.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Rainy roads

Unfortunately, we did not make it out of Cabrera today, as we are experiencing a lot of rain!! We thought it would be best to play it safe and stay off the roads, especially as it is our first time making such a long trip. Good news is that Liverpool won without our support! :) We hope to make it there in a few weeks time so I am sure we will meet up for a match then! Thanks again for all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.