Wanting Marriage of Dominican Woman, what do I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothSax

Aug 11, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
Lambada, thanks. Sorry i'm not much i a joking mood. I want very much to help my friend to get the correct information, to know and understand so that she and i do the correct and right thing and don't end up waisting time.

I know the process will take some time, she's will to wait, don't think i am. I love her very much, she knows it. She had made some attemps at abtaining a Visa on her own but was unable to do so. She is about to give up.

I just want to point her in the right direction at reading what she needs to do, but to read it in spanish so that she will fully understand.

Thanks again for your understanding Lambada

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The link I gave you was about requirements for marriage in DR. Now that you mention visas..........are you planning on exporting your future wife to the US? Because you might want to check out whether it is better for her to apply for a fiancee visa, rather than get married first & then apply for a visa. I don't know the answer to this but I do know that it can take some time. Have a look in Visa Sub Forum
http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/49821-bringing-fianceee-usa.html

Visas - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

and also here where there are forums in Spanish
Dominicans to the USA - Index

So what I am asking is - is your question about marriage or about visas for US? It takes no time at all to get married in the DR but can take a lot of time to get a visa for US.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know the process will take some time, she's will to wait, don't think i am. I love her very much, she knows it. She had made some attemps at abtaining a Visa on her own but was unable to do so. She is about to give up.
Pardon me for asking, but are you sure that this is a good move?
It concerns me when you say that she is about willing to give up.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you meet her, where, how long ago and how well do you know her?
If you feel interrogated by my questions and don't want to respond, I understand and have no problem with that.
I only ask for your own welfare.

S

sokitoumi

i just realised I dont know anything about marriage so i deleted my post

Status
Not open for further replies.