Brugal rum factory tourst? (and other rum tours)

seaosh

Aug 9, 2008
Does anyone have info on the Brugal rum factory tours?

I tried contacting Brugal directly with no luck. Seems like they don't check their e-mail.

I have seen a few mentions online of people taking the tour though - in Puerto Plata. Does anyone know anything about it? Things like whether you just show up. Or maybe it happens at a certain time or day or on a certain day of the week? Cost? Any other feedback?

I'm also interested in touring other rum distilleries around the island. If anybody has experiences to share it would be great to hear.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Brugal

Does anyone have info on the Brugal rum factory tours?

I tried contacting Brugal directly with no luck. Seems like they don't check their e-mail.

I have seen a few mentions online of people taking the tour though - in Puerto Plata. Does anyone know anything about it? Things like whether you just show up. Or maybe it happens at a certain time or day or on a certain day of the week? Cost? Any other feedback?

I'm also interested in touring other rum distilleries around the island. If anybody has experiences to share it would be great to hear.

Use the search function and type in "Brugal Tours", there have been lots of posts.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi,

There is no need to book a tour, just show up at the security gate and they will direct you in the right direction. There is a short introduction by video when you arrive and then they proceed to take you through to the bottling plant. After that you can proceed to the onsite store to purchase your goods.

curlyq

carib

Jul 16, 2002
rum tour

Hi,
You can just drive up to the gate (during normal business hours) and tell the guards that you want to go on the tour. They will let you in and give you directions as to which way to go in the plant. It is free (with samples) and fun.
Best
carib