Santiago Airport to Hotel Gran Almitante - How much?

Darius3456

Oct 10, 2004
Can anyone give me idea of that the taxi fare is from Santiago Airport to the Hotel Gran Almirante? I need to pick up a rental car there. Alternatively, do you think that Alamo would deliver the car to the airport? Is there another way there besides the taxi? There were no rental cars available from Alamo at the aiport, so I had to rent from that location. Thanks

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I'm guessing since you rented from a actual company(as opposed to renting from Humberto who is so and so's friend) you'll have to go to the Alamo office and they on't pick you up at the airport. I'm guessing the fare will be about 150 rd.

Darius3456

Oct 10, 2004
Yes I am renting directly from Alamo, just not at the airport office. 150 RD from the airport to the Gran Almirante Hotel is fine with me. I just dont wat to get ripped off. Thanks

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
STI airport to Santiago will be $500RD, there used to be a sign listing the prices but I don't see it anymore.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Whoever Wgarcia is, her info is poor.

You asked the cost from STI to the GRan Almirante: RD$450...and you should make sure this is agreed to before you get into the car. A taxi ride (not a hotel taxi!) is RD$100 all over most of the city. Again, ask first.

Since you don't know much about the country, why not rent a car and driver?? Driving here is an adventure to say the least, not at all recommended for first timers. If you have business in town, taxis will be more than adequate.

Think about it.

HB