Transportation from Las Americas to Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

julian337

Aug 12, 2008
I am flying into Las Americas Airport at the end of August and I'm planning on taking the Metro or Caribe buses up to Sosua. From reading the posts it seems that both bus services are available in Santo Domingo directly but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other buses or other means of transportation
on ground that will take me to Sosua directly from the airport or the best way to get to the bus terminals from the Las Americas airport.

Thanks in advance.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am flying into Las Americas Airport at the end of August and I'm planning on taking the Metro or Caribe buses up to Sosua. From reading the posts it seems that both bus services are available in Santo Domingo directly but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other buses or other means of transportation
on ground that will take me to Sosua directly from the airport or the best way to get to the bus terminals from the Las Americas airport.

Thanks in advance.

Directly from the Airport without avoiding the Taxi and or the first night Hotel stay is based on your Arrival time

Why would you want to find another bus when there are 2 available?

If you are shopping price and are looking for other ground transportation then you can use a Burrow or a Taxi.

6 bux is cheap

Last edited:

julian337

Aug 12, 2008
Thanks Mike, are you saying that it's 6 bux by taxi from the airport to Santo Domingo where I can catch the caribe or Metro?

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
This is what your itinerary will look like (in USD):

SDQ to Bus Station in Santo Domingo - 20
Bus to Sosua - 8
Taxi to Sosua city center* - 15

*This assumes you take Caribe Tours. I believe Metro Tours has an express bus which drops you off within walking distance of Sosua's city center, but it runs less frequently.

Caribe Tours buses depart from both Santo Domingo and Sosua on an hourly basis. Average travel time is 4.5 to 5 hours, but may be a safer bet, as your travel plans may vary.

Good luck, be safe, and have fun,

DRob:glasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
IMHO...It is probably worth the airline change fee to fly into POP and save 4+ hours of buses/taxi's and hastle.

Reactions: Rocky
IMHO...It is probably worth the airline change fee to fly into POP and save 4+ hours of buses/taxi's and hastle.

I agree also. I flew into Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo only once, and it was once too many.
Although I'd probably visit SD again someday I'd only do it as a day trip while staying somewhere else like Santiago or Bonao.
From now on it's Puerto Plata or Santiago for flying into the DR for me.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Does anyone know the Caribe Tour bus schedule from SD to Las Terrenas?

We just paid $200us EACH way for a taxi because we had to bring several suitcases from the states-
I was hoping the new highway would make the 2.5 hr trip much cheaper!

Thank you so much-
Susan

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Does anyone know the Caribe Tour bus schedule from SD to Las Terrenas?

We just paid $200us EACH way for a taxi because we had to bring several suitcases from the states-
I was hoping the new highway would make the 2.5 hr trip much cheaper!

Thank you so much-
Susan
The bus does not go all the way to Las Terrenas, so you would have to get out and/or board in Sanchez.
To Sanchez 7:00 8:30 10:00 AM & 1:30 2:30 4:00 PM.

From Sanchez
7:30 9:30 AM & 2:30 4:00 5:00 PM.

Caribe Tours C. Por A.

Reactions: DRob

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
No way!

Thanks Mike, are you saying that it's 6 bux by taxi from the airport to Santo Domingo where I can catch the caribe or Metro?

Expect to pay at least $30 US for the 30 min. taxi ride to El Caribe Bus Tours. Just got back from Santo Domingo a couple of weeks ago. I was amazed at the fare increase.

Driver tried to charge me $35, but I refused.

Vince.

julian337

Aug 12, 2008
Tamborista, do you know what the exchange fee is from Las Americas to Pop and what airline? If the cost is reasonable then that's a great option. Let me know. Thanks again.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tamborista, do you know what the exchange fee is from Las Americas to Pop and what airline? If the cost is reasonable then that's a great option. Let me know. Thanks again.

It's $100 on AMR, and JetBlue, It used to be $30 on CO, but I am sure that is a thing of the past! Keep in mind, if there is a fare difference you get hosed and have to pay that as well.

Go to the airlines' website for a definitive answer.

tambo'

Status
Not open for further replies.