shipment from USA to Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
I am looking for a compagny to transport all my household good from Oregon to Sosua.
I am looking for a full service,do not want to deal with DR custom.Will have a 25feets containers or less!
Or, what is the best way to get my stuffs from Oregon to Sosua?

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
what full service transporter will you find that WILL NOT deal with DR customs? I don't think there is any way around this...unless lots of bribing is involved? LOL

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
are you bringing something into the country you don't want Customs to know about ? not a good way to start off living in the DR....

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I took the OP to mean that HE did not want to deal with Customs, but rather have the Shipper take care of all that paperwork stuff.

But then again, I could be wrong... (it's happened once before)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I took the OP to mean that HE did not want to deal with Customs, but rather have the Shipper take care of all that paperwork stuff.

But then again, I could be wrong... (it's happened once before)
Sounds right to me.
He's just looking for a shipping company that handles all the aspects of transporting his goods, door to door.

bart6

Aug 17, 2007
lots of shippers in NY and miami, to DR, probably better off looking to go from one of these to DR. maybe you should just sell the stuff and buy it in NY or miami, or buy in the DR depending on what it is,

i just shipped boxes form NY door to door, 18x18x28" with unlmited weight by sosua shipping for $80 each.

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
from the Haitian side custom is a nightmare for forners,but if you know somebody from the inside things could get allot easier and less expensive.When forners get inside custom there is a big red light flashing "$$$$$$ is coming" and everybody want a piece of what you are bringing.
So i presume the DR is a little better but not by that much,so if you could send somebody local , it might be wiser to do so.
By the way, if somebody is stupid enough to bring illegal stuff to custom than he deserve what 's coming to him.
I know Oregon is well known for his "green tea" so i am not offended by their assumptions!
I know that some shipment company will bring your container to the port of entry and the client is responssible to deal with all the custom paper work .For whom is interested, a friend of mine is seving a 10 years in the haitian Jai for smoking 1/2 of a joint,that's after spending more than $15000.oo(they gave him a good deal, and the lawer is still asking for more money) it's a crasy place out there.So ,before venturing your self with something or some body,make sure you know or have an escape route(good lawer and plenty of money).

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
I am leaving the USA for good,after 21 years in Oregon.i need to bring some reminders from my life here in oregon. You can't erase 21 years of your life that easy,even to chase after a better life.So i might end up paying$1000 for a table that wroth $10 but to me it worth 20 millions $$ of memories.Do you understand my point?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am looking for a compagny to transport all my household good from Oregon to Sosua.
I am looking for a full service,do not want to deal with DR custom.Will have a 25feets containers or less!
Or, what is the best way to get my stuffs from Oregon to Sosua?

I can help you.

I work for Suddath, which is one of the largest moving companies in America.

Established in 1919 . Corporate Relocation, Office Moving, Managed Commercial Warehouse

For a quote you can email me at mchristensen@suddath.com or call me toll free I will arrange for our San Jose Ca. office to call you 866 693 5757

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
This is an issue that many have tried finding a simple solution for. Fact is, there just isn't any. Several contractors need to be coordinated for this type of move.
There is no port in Sosua, closest is in Puerto Plata. Findind an LCL carrier is tough.
If you or anybody else needs some contact #'s of a small, personal outfit out of MIA that can assist in this type of relocation PM me.

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
does the shipment compagnie take care of the papers that allowed you free tax custom ,as the DR allowed for your household goods by the governement?or you going to pay no matter what?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
does the shipment compagnie take care of the papers that allowed you free tax custom ,as the DR allowed for your household goods by the governement?or you going to pay no matter what?
There is no such thing.
If you are asking if the shipping company includes the customs costs in their price, that is possible, but not likely.

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
custom paper from the DR consulat in the USA?

Papers has to be submit to the Dr consulat to be approved that will allowe you to get out of custom and benefit from the tax exempt for your house hold goods.Does the Sipment compagnie deal with the DR consulat in the usa to obtain what you called"cedula".?and other admistative paper requier from the DR government for custom?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Papers has to be submit to the Dr consulat to be approved that will allowe you to get out of custom and benefit from the tax exempt for your house hold goods.Does the Sipment compagnie deal with the DR consulat in the usa to obtain what you called"cedula".?and other admistative paper requier from the DR government for custom?

You first have to come in person to the DR to get your cedula for the customs paper work.

No shipping company can do this for you. A cedula is a residency card or piece of identification which only you can obtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.