Los Juegos de la 29? Olimpiada 08 - 24 de agosto de 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I subscribe to a daily email from the language website About Spanish.com. It's definitely one of the few websites for learning Spanish that is well-organized, systematic, helpful and with good explanations that I have discovered thus far that can be a good complement to a textbook. It certainly can benefit those who have a minimum High Intermediate knowledge of Spanish and stronger. The site offers many learning tools including a newsletter that you can subscribe to for information about Spanish or a topic of interest as it relates to Spanish.

In addition to the word of the day email I receive, I also received one today about the Beijing Olympics. The suggestion was to read and compare the official Spanish website to the English version and test your knowledge of Spanish based on how much you can read and understand. I have been following the Olympics as much as I can on television thus far but never thought to read one of the official websites of the games which is in many languages including Spanish. It's a great idea and fun way to learn vocabulary and observe the sentence structure of the language as you read about the games. Observe the way the names of the sports are said in Spanish since that's what the Olympics are all about.

The website is wonderful. I will definitely read it daily as I tune in. This is the official site of the games.

Inicio - Web Oficial de los Juegos de la 29? Olimpiada

Here are other suggested websites by About Spanish.com to follow the Olympic games.

The Olympic Games, thoroughly covered in Spanish

-LDG.

Status
Not open for further replies.