Computer Hardware/Accessories

DJC1768

Jul 25, 2008
I am in SD for work and having problems with my new laptop. I need to purchase a new RAM chip and was wondering where is a good place to find computer hardware and accessories. Cheers!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am in SD for work and having problems with my new laptop. I need to purchase a new RAM chip and was wondering where is a good place to find computer hardware and accessories. Cheers!
Laptop ram is really hard to find, given the incredibly large assortment on the market.
First, you can go to Memory upgrades from Crucial.com - About Crucial:Media Toolbox and check out what you need and what can be installed, then hopefully, you can get a friend in the US to order it for you and have someone bring it to you or send it by courier (expensive)
If nothing else, you'll find out what it's worth and be less likely to be ripped off, should you be so lucky as to find it around here.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The biggest and best place in Santo Domingo is Omega Tech, actually they are the biggest in the DR. They are the ONLY place I would recommend in Santo Domingo.
The warehouse is as big as most large supermarkets in this country.

They are located on John F Kennedy, 50 meters east of Nunez de Casares, just past the gas station, I think it's an ESSO. You can't miss it, large building with parking out the front.

The owner's name is Alvin, ask one of the sales people for him. He's a super nice guy and speaks fluent English. Tell him Robert from DR1 sent you, he will look after you.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I agree with Robert, even when I had my own computer store in DR Omega's were the prices to beat and we often bought there for re-sale.

But even so, your chances of finding the right ram for your laptop are not very good. Best bet is to buy online at Newegg, Tigerdirect or Amazon (Amazon will give you the least hassles about being in a foreign country) and have it sent over via freight forwarder.

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
You may also search in places like Bienvenidos a MercadoLibre and www.computadoraspormenos.com

They are local websites and companies that sell PC parts. No harm in looking there.

The biggest and best place in Santo Domingo is Omega Tech, actually they are the biggest in the DR.

I will check them out, since I am in the market for a new laptop or desktop! What other stores would you recommend?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You may also search in places like Bienvenidos a MercadoLibre and www.computadoraspormenos.com

They are local websites and companies that sell PC parts. No harm in looking there.

I will check them out, since I am in the market for a new laptop or desktop! What other stores would you recommend?

The Apple store (apple.com) they only place to buy real computers :)

I would only recommend Omega Tech if your looking for a PC in Santo Domingo.

Rob.

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
Very Close to Omega tech you can find IGM computers, it is behind Teleantillas, I've built several computers buying parts there and they have good prices, they are whoolesalers but they sell to everybody.:cheeky:

Never bought laptop memory tough...

Calle Nicolas Ure?a de Mendoza #117,
Los Prados
Santo Domingo, Rep?blica Dominicana
Tel.: 809-567-6237
Fax: 809-565-2648
Email: principal@igmcomputers.com
Bienvenido a IGM Computers, S.A.