Santiago to Punta Cana Airport

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I have been reading vaious threads but would like some up to date information on the following.

Need to get from Santiago to Punta Cana airport to catch a flight departing at 14:50 on Fri 22nd Aug.

Earliest Metro bus for Santo Domingo leaves at Santiago at 6am (although I heard a rumour that there is now one that leaves at 5:30am - can anyone confirm this?) This arrives into Santo Domingo just after 8am.

Instead of catching another bus from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana I would like info on taxi rates from the Metro bus terminal from just after 8am direct to Punta Cana airport. How much would this cost and do you think it's possible to make it to the airport by 12:30pm (traffic permitting)?

Out of interest, does anyone know how much a taxi all the way from Santiago to Punta Cana airport would be and how long this would take? Need to be at airport by 12:30pm Fri 22nd Aug

Thanks in advance
Daydream

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
None stop ride from santiago to punta Cana take six hours when the trafic condition are good, leaving from santiago at that time you will be arriving SD. at a very busy hour. I recomend you to take a taxi directly from Satiago to PUJ.
You will need to make arragements for a taxi in very good condition for this trip,
I recomend you to contact this guy ( Johan Cab. 42 Apolo Taxi ) Tel. 809-583-8383 he drive a Toyota camry in good chape, ask for the rate to the dispacher.

JJ.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Or, you could fly charter. Ask at the STI airport.

There is no way you will make that flight using public transport on your flight day.

You could, however, go to Sto Dgo the day before, have some fun, get a good night's rest and be off in the morning from Parque Enriquillo ( I do believe) and be there in plenty of time for your flight.

Cost will be truly minimal, and including one of the smaller hotels talked about on this site, will be less than a taxi from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana...

All depends on what is holding you in Santiago....and on your pocketbook...

HB

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
You could, however, go to Sto Dgo the day before, have some fun, get a good night's rest and be off in the morning from Parque Enriquillo ( I do believe) and be there in plenty of time for your flight.

I agree with you that this is the best and safest option so as not to risk missing the flight. I will check out small hotels.......

thank you both for your help :)

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
I agree with you that this is the best and safest option so as not to risk missing the flight. I will check out small hotels.......

thank you both for your help :)

As Always Hillbilly is spot on......

A charter will run you close to US$1,000 y cuidado..... is fast though, you'll be there in a little more than an hour......

For info on direct taxi rates Aeropuerto Internacional del Cibao

Regards

STIOP