Internet Cafes?

bachatony1

Aug 8, 2008
I haven't seen anything yet on Internet Cafes in DR. Do they have them? Where in Santo Domingo do they have the cheapest rates?

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Good question........

Don't know about SD -

In POP they have little internet centres, the hotels have internet facilities and some of the people selling tours in the Playa Dorada plaza give free access too.
I think Rocky also has internet as his place - so that would be a sort of internet cafe - wouldn't it?

Rio

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
I am not sure about internet CAFEs, there are definately LOTS of internet centers in la capital and in all around DR, but I wouldnt know about the cheapest rates...for using the internet? its not THAT expensive. The only place that had a cafe like setup was in Santiago inside the mall, on the 2nd floor there is a cute, modern looking cafe with i believe a coffee/ice cream shop as well.
Like Rio said too, lots of places have free WiFi just need to know the spots. hotels in the north coast are starting to give this free to their guests so thats always good if you have a laptop! :)

bachatony1

Aug 8, 2008
By internet cafe I don't mean a literal cafe. In some parts, "Internet cafe" refers to a center where you can get on the internet for a small fee and sometimes make phone calls also. Any of these in Bonao?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
There are Internet Cafes all over the country, no problem finding them where ever you are, and they are cheap. Speed can be a little problem some places though.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
forty pesos an hour in gazcue

plus incredible high tech help getting things to run. when I can?t figure it out.. plus air conditioning.... plus a great little family although they did NOT get me hot chocolate when they went out to get it today which really made me made since it was FREEZING with the cold... but my tricom at home was just not working... and then some of you may remember my terrible onemax experience... plus i am a bit of an addict and can stay on line... reading stuff that seems important.. (How many ways can how many people dis Sarah Palin).. so this gets me out of the house... it is my office... ok, it is too expensive and not sustainable and if they don?t get me chocolate next time i am gonna call codetel !!!

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
plus incredible high tech help getting things to run. when I can?t figure it out.. plus air conditioning.... plus a great little family although they did NOT get me hot chocolate when they went out to get it today which really made me made since it was FREEZING with the cold... but my tricom at home was just not working... and then some of you may remember my terrible onemax experience... plus i am a bit of an addict and can stay on line... reading stuff that seems important.. (How many ways can how many people dis Sarah Palin).. so this gets me out of the house... it is my office... ok, it is too expensive and not sustainable and if they don?t get me chocolate next time i am gonna call codetel !!!

What's the name/location of the place??? My Tricom likes to go out too.

RHM

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
theres a place in punta cana called las lenas
they have free internet and the best damn sweets and cappucino
its near the gas station .theres for corners there anyone will know it

also captain cook restaurant in el coticito
great food free internet there and on the beach

also a lil restaurnat in town by the supermarket in el cortecito
good food and also internet for free
and one more near the fruit market near santa maria del mar
in el cortecito
good food and free wifi

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
also captain cook restaurant in el coticito
great food free internet there and on the beach

also a lil restaurnat in town by the supermarket in el cortecito
good food and also internet for free
and one more near the fruit market near santa maria del mar
in el cortecito
good food and free wifi

I totally agree with you.

Captain Cook is awesome.;):bunny:

Feb 7, 2007
The "Internet cafes" are called "Centro de Internet" in the DR. Most of them are well-equipped (e.g. webcams, microphones, etc.), many have A/C. The average price (outside of tourist areas) is about 30-50 pesos per hour.

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
pardon my spelling for some reason i keep making mistakes lol
or my keys are not working
i really can spell lol