Need help. Abuse from CODETEL/CLARO.

franco

Nov 5, 2003
Humillaci?n y burla de parte de CODETEL/CLARO

Please read the story about what happening to us with CODETEL.

Dear Carlos Slim

If you have any resource where you can publish a link to our blog, I will really appreciate.

Living here for 6 years, never seen anything like this. Verizon was not perfect, but not even close as bad as Codetel/CLARO.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
That sucks!!

i will be needing interenet and telephone in the end of September, are there other options besides these guys?? I am in PUerto plata

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
You'll be lucky Syl - beware the Codetel van on the street - it means your phone & internet are about to be messed up by some incompetant!

lol....that's what i hear, it will be interesting i am sure, oh well i have nothin but time!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
FYI, Verizon customer service and competence were no better. I had similar problems with them as well.

General incompetence is just par for the course for businesses here in the DR.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
She must really...really want this 5.0 mbt/s speed...I wouldn't go through all that just to get a faster download. Calling every day (twice a day) for one month? wow....

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
Dear Franco,

These types of issues are very common here in DR. I went through the same mess when I had the service installed in my house and I was not looking for high speed internet.

Good Luck and I hope that you do get a positive answer back

richmex

Apr 9, 2008
If you think that's bad, Carlos Slim has owned Telmex in Mexico for years, and he has done a good job keeping out the major telephone companies from Mexico up to 2004. This guy has made his money on the backs of the poor people in Mexico, He charges from your home phone to call the U.S. which is right next store, close to a dollar a minute.

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
This seems a little too much. You're spending more time on this than it is worth.

I would have just ignored Claro/Codetel and gone with an alternate company. If I ever get an issue like this, I'll go scream at them for a bit, then cancel and sign up with another company.

It's how consumers are heard.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This seems a little too much. You're spending more time on this than it is worth.

I respectfully disagree, Theforceinme. I had an issue with NatWest bank in UK which no amount of contact with them could get resolved. I found out that the parent company was Royal Bank of Scotland but the website had no direct email for the CEO (a fairly well known person). However, the CEO was also Chairman of The Prince's Trust so..............I wrote to them apologising that this was bank stuff not charity connected, received a response from the CEO's PA at the bank, got the issue resolved & ever since then we've been on the best of terms & they couldn't be more helpful :).

So I say to franco, more power to your elbow. She has chosen a creative way to address a problem, she is thinking outside the box, she will likely get someone's attention. She could also contact the DR newspapers - may well get backing because the problem is not hers alone. She is demonstrating how to protest in an articulate, civilised way. We need more of that. If more people did this sort of thing over a variety of issues instead of saying 'nothing I can do about it' then results might come. Certainly the issue is 'out there' for all to read. Well done franco! :)