5MB DSL via Codetel

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Refering to the blog, that is exactly what my experiences have been like every time I have had to deal with Codetel for any speed of DSL, before and after Carlos Slim bought it.

Thank God for Wind Telecom, thanks to them Codetel can be as asinine as they want without screwing my life up.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Well, there's not much to say that would be of value to very many readers, unfortunately. Here in Santiago it is only available to businesses and pretty well outside the price range for most.

If you think its worth it go ahead and split this off to a new thread.

I got 5MB up and down for around US 1500 a month, (plus 2,000 for installation cause it's wireless and uses an expensive radio) alot, but I had been quoted twice to 3 times and more by Tricom, Centennial (now Viva) and Orange. Codetel simply didnt have any service above 1.5MB available in my area. (Santiago Free Zone)

Previously I had ben using 4 DSL lines, 2 Codetel and 2 Tricom through a load balancing router that was able to poll the DSL connections to make sure they were healthy and distribute the bandwidth demands of the 60-some stations on my network between connections to make sure none got oversaturated.

All 4 lines were constantly going in and out and all had terrible latency issues that made VOIP quality terrible.

With Wind telecom I get 30 ms pings to Miami, and I am in heaven with an internet connection that "just works" after many years of struggling to get decent service out of the other internet service providers in the country.

My contact at Wind Telecom is Albert Ventura, the email I have for him is aventura@wind.com.do