Sosua to Dajab?n

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
It's been a few years since I drove there from Sosua but I think it was 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive.
You can take Caribe from Sosua to Santiago and get on the Dajabon bus.

From SD to Dajabon
6:30 8:00 9:30
1:00 2:00 3:45

From Dajabon to SD
6:45 8:30 10:15
1:00 2:15 3:15

It's been a few years since I drove there from Sosua but I think it was 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive.
You can take Caribe from Sosua to Santiago and get on the Dajabon bus.

From SD to Dajabon
6:30 8:00 9:30
1:00 2:00 3:45

From Dajabon to SD
6:45 8:30 10:15
1:00 2:15 3:15

Thank you for the information!
3 1/2 hours from Sosua to Dajabon? That's almost like driving from Sosua to Santo Domingo. I drove from Santo Domingo to Sosua in 4 hours, and that's with short stops in Bonao, La Vega and Santiago.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thank you for the information!
3 1/2 hours from Sosua to Dajabon? That's almost like driving from Sosua to Santo Domingo. I drove from Santo Domingo to Sosua in 4 hours, and that's with short stops in Bonao, La Vega and Santiago.
El Viejo's timeline is right.
From Sosua, to drive to Dajabon, Las Terrenas or Santo Domingo, the timeline is about the same.
The variables are in the time of day and driving style.

El Viejo's timeline is right.
From Sosua, to drive to Dajabon, Las Terrenas or Santo Domingo, the timeline is about the same.

I believe him, I was just surprised because when you look at the map a lot of these places look as though they're fairly close. The DR's a big place actually.

I was hoping it was only 2 or 2 1/2 hours away at the most.

I take it then that Samana' Peninsula is also about 3 1/2 to 4 hours from Sosua?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I take it then that Samana' Peninsula is also about 3 1/2 to 4 hours from Sosua?
That's what I was trying to say,
I'm only on my 3rd coffee, so my choice of words might not have been great.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A major issue is the condition of the roads. From Sos?a you will go to Navarrete, then Cruce de Esperanza, then Esperanza, then Mao, Santiago Rodriguez, Los Alm?cigos, and when you come to the end of that road, you turn right (north) to Dajab?n.
The road from Monte Cristi to Dajab?n, is, in the words of a bus driver friend that tried it a couple of weeks ago, "Hell" ....

Most of the route I described is good, with a stretch that is full of potholes, but not all that long. The final 20 or so kilometers into Dajabon is brand new...

...Good Luck..

HB

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
The last time I did the trip from Sosua to Dajabon I was on my moto, and stopped several times. But the route I took was Sosua, Imbert, Monte Criste and then Dajabon. The road conditions were good, and the chivo in the northwest was spicy and excellent. I detoured through Punta Rusia(bad, evil road,as usual) thus missing Navarette that trip. My normal time from Samana to puerta Plata on my bike is about 3.5 hours.

elprinc

Mar 9, 2009
elprinc(elementary principal)

Is it still possible to travel from Sosua to Dajabon and Loma De Cabrera by going west from Mao thru Pedrigal to the half way point between Loma and Dajabon? I went that way in 1998 and wonder if it is still a reasonable road.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Is it still possible to travel from Sosua to Dajabon and Loma De Cabrera by going west from Mao thru Pedrigal to the half way point between Loma and Dajabon? I went that way in 1998 and wonder if it is still a reasonable road.

The road is much better now than it was in 1998 as it was paved two years ago.

JJ

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Any lack of gas stations along any of the above routes?

Been wanting to make this drive for awhile, and may on my next trip down. Is it fairly easy to get lodging in Dajabon if I just show up in Dajabon on a Wednesday nite? I want to be there for the Thursday Market day. Is Massacre Hotel still there?

Thanks in advance...